Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever attended to a 'besoin naturel' while on the bike?

Options
  • 21-01-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Well, have you, or ever tried to, with the bike in motion? How did it go? What was your technique?

I'm thinking more of pipi than caca. (Kudos if you've done number 2 (sic) though.)

Besoin naturel (n)A natural need. Otherwise known as a mid-race call of nature. As ever on such occasions, complicated rules of etiquette apply. It is considered bad form for a rider to launch an attack or to seek an advantage from a besoin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

No, but it is an ambition of mine.

High stakes though.
    Get it right: feel PRO.
    Get it wrong: end up in a ditch, bleeding and covered in piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

niceonetom wrote: »
    Get it wrong: end up in a ditch, bleeding and covered in piss.

With road rash on your c*ck. High stakes indeed- I'll take those odds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

You need to pick a quiet stretch of road where you will be freewheeling for a while. The hard part is trying to 'let your bladder go'. I wasn't successful the first time I tried. It's a kinda stagestruck type of thing. Once you do it once it's easy from then on. Just make sure to drop back to the back of the pack if cycling with a group.
    Never tried the no.2 scenario myself. It's a very funny image though. You'd definitely want to be at the back of the group. Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Never tried the no.2 scenario myself. It's a very funny image though. You'd definitely want to be at the back of the group.

You could do it "Pantani descent position" style. Not sure if a mudguard would make the experience better or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

I read some of the pros hold their team mates bike still while the other lets rip

have a google for the tri-chick who went for a no 2 and then posted about it thinkin it was the norm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Story from a Ras many moons ago. Polish lad in yellow. Dicky belly. With a team mate holding the seat post he delivered a number two with the consistency of a number one. Teammate them used his own glove to tidy the situation up a little before the yellow resumed his position to the fore of the bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Only on the turbo for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Coming down one of the decentes at ironman france, made more sense to go on the downhill rather than stop, just peed threw my gear standing up .. job done !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

uberwolf wrote:
    Story from a Ras many moons ago. Polish lad in yellow. Dicky belly. With a team mate holding the seat post he delivered a number two with the consistency of a number one. Teammate them used his own glove to tidy the situation up a little before the yellow resumed his position to the fore of the bunch.

Perhaps he had a dicky translator too. "Taking one for the team" could so easily be translated to "Taking a 2 with the team" in Polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

If driving on the left.
    Wait for suitable wind direction and gradual downhill stretch.
    Check for traffic.
    Get out of saddle, straighten left leg and lock right knee/thigh against top tube.
    Twist hip to the left.
    Use the (over hand grip for the execution phase) it's tidier.
    Safety notice: Don't let the elastic slip.
    Much easier with non bib shorts/tights.
    Doesn't work well or at all in cold conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭markdrayton

I use the same technique as victorcarrera, though I prefer voiding to the right. Your bibs (and you're wearing bibs, right? anyone pro enough to pee from a moving bike is surely wearing bibs) need enough give to pull down far enough. Good overhand grip tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

if its a hot summers day and youre on your own wouldnt it dry up pretty quickly? prob ok if you were wearing black..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Jaysus, you're all mad! :eek: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

if its a hot summers day and youre on your own wouldnt it dry up pretty quickly? prob ok if you were wearing black..

If you're talking about just going.....been tempted but wouldn't lower myself to that especially on my own. Maybe if I was in a winning solo breakaway (day dreaming.......) but I'm sure the adrenaline would quell the urge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Dord wrote: »
    Jaysus, you're all mad! :eek: :o

i was thinking the same :eek: taking a leak while cycling haha ive heard it all now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

If I couldnt piss while swimming 50m from a boat in cloudy 25 degree water in the Caribbean, theres no way I could piss in my gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I was so impressed watching a video of the 1974 Giro recently, and having raided a store en route, the lads used their stems as bottle openers. Not a bother.

uberwolf wrote: »
    I was so impressed watching a video of the 1974 Giro recently, and having raided a store en route, the lads used their stems as bottle openers. Not a bother.

Please tell me we are not still talking about penises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

i was thinking the same :eek: taking a leak while cycling haha ive heard it all now

One of my Clubmates tell a story of how SHE left Sean Kelly for dead on the road.
    Suddenly found herself as the only 1 of 50 people holding King Seans wheel on one of his Mayo Weekend spins. Wondering why he was standing up on his pedals and had a rider holding him steady she moved closer. The sudden shower which only seemed to hit her at bar height let her know all she needed.:D
    As one would she proceeded to pass the King at Speed

Esroh wrote: »
    One of my Clubmates tell a story of how SHE left Sean Kelly for dead on the road.
    Suddenly found herself as the only 1 of 50 people holding King Seans wheel on one of his Mayo Weekend spins. Wondering why he was standing up on his pedals and had a rider holding him steady she moved closer. The sudden shower which only seemed to hit her at bar height let her know all she needed.:D

Thats what you get for passing on the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Esroh wrote: »

brilliant haha if that was me though i would have been fairly pissed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Is there an accepted or recommended method for this? - Do you roll up the leg of your shorts and ... shtick the fat lad out the side, or do you try and come... over the top, so to speak - hard enough to do that at the side of the road with bib shorts! :D

fat bloke wrote: »
    Is there an accepted or recommended method for this? - Do you roll up the leg of your shorts and ... shtick the fat lad out the side, or do you try and come... over the top, so to speak - hard enough to do that at the side of the road with bib shorts! :D

Have you ever seen a squashed lizard?

Thats what "little fat bloke" would look like if you tried the former in compression shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Jumpy wrote: »
    Have you ever seen a squashed lizard?

Thats what "little fat bloke" would look like if you tried the former in compression shorts.

Well you'd imagine compression shorts would keep the ol bladder under control to begin with! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭cantalach

Jumpy wrote: »
    If I couldnt piss while swimming 50m from a boat in cloudy 25 degree water in the Caribbean, theres no way I could piss in my gear.

And lucky for you that you didn't as sharks are thought to home in on that, taking it as a sign of distressed prey.

cantalach wrote: »
    And lucky for you that you didn't as sharks are thought to home in on that, taking it as a sign of distressed prey.

Damn right I was distressed. I had to wait for the boat to get back to the cruise ship before I could piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'm nearly peeing my self reading this.

Find it hard enough to get out of the bibs in a hurry at the end of a spin to pee, let alone try it in motion, imagine if the wind changed slightly.

The hard part is trying to 'let your bladder go'. I wasn't successful the first time I tried. It's a kinda stagestruck type of thing.

So let me get this straight.

You cycled past a load of people just holding your willy.

"Thats the way it happened yer honor"

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lol. The tags on this thread are gas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

el tonto wrote: »
    Lol. The tags on this thread are gas.
    saddle streaks :D

Advertisement