Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imac starting in Safe Boot mode

Options
  • 21-01-2011 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, Maybe some one can shed some light on my problem. Once every week or two, my Imac starts up in Safe Boot mode for some reason. When this happens, i just restart and it boots in normal mode. Now I know there is no problem here, and I have googled this, and the answers I've found are telling me that I am perhaps pressing the shift button during start-up.I am positive I am not doing this, as I use a Wireless Keyboard, and so I do not go near the keyboard at all until the computer is started. My question is, is there some underlying problem I should be worried about, or does this "Safe Boot mode' happen automatically periodically.Everything works fine once I reboot, so no software issues or any other problems on that front, I'm just a little worried in case there is a problem building. It's a new imac-less than 4 months old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Tony10

Ok, this thread has been here for a while, and as i got no answer (maybe people just didnt know-thats cool) i think it may as well be removed. My problem seems to have fixed since the last update, so maybe it was just a bug in the system. Anyways.no need for it now.cheerio :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Unusual problem. I'm guessing there was either a system software issue which the update fixed, or there was something up with your user account which prevented it from logging in, causing your Mac to start in safe mode instead.

If anything like that happens in future, try repairing disk permission in Disk Utility, creating a new user account, or installing the latest OS X combo update - you can usually get them on the Apple site, they are much larger than the regular updates you get via Software Update and can fix a lot of small issues.

Advertisement