Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN Mac to Sonicwall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭Talisman

I haven't had to use a SonicWall for a few years but I remember that there were only two Mac VPN clients it was compatible with.

1 - VPN Tracker (€€€)
    2 - IPSecuritas (Free)

My recommendation would be try IPSecuritas first.

http://www.lobotomo.com/products/IPSecuritas/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭talla

Some models of the sonicwall can use net extender as a VPN client.
    If it does, then when you connect to the sonic wall via your web browser on initial setup, you should have an option to install the java version of net extender which runs natively on a mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Isn't cicso vpn built into macos X?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭Talisman

Isn't cicso vpn built into macos X?
    Yes, Snow Leopard has a VPN client which is Cisco VPN compatible. You can configure it by adding a VPN interface in the Network pane of System Preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

as posted above, IPSecuritas free works on most sonicwall setups, most of the documentation is out of date, doesnt seem to cover enhanced OS which all new sonicwalls run.

AFAIK you need at least one copy of VPN tracker pro, to create and export the profiles, the personal edition only allows you to import an already created VPN profile which has to be done in pro, unless this has changed very recently.

To use netextender and ssl vpn you will generally need extra licences for the sonicwall and it ususally only comes with one licence, the ssl vpn licence is different than standard vpn licences.

• Advertisement
Advertisement