Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Tour de France teams finalised

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

superrdave wrote: »
    http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/tour-de-france-teams-finalised-for-2011-28982

No Geox, so no Sastre or Menchov. Crazy Frenchies. Europcar and FDJ I can understand, but Saur-Sojasun? Foly Huck, Batman!
    I dunno. I like seeing small teams getting a break. Sastre and Menchov have had their turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

It is the Tour de France, after all, so what else can you expect.

I see Brice Feillu is in the Schleck team. I was impressed with him in '09. He missed last year, IIRC, because his French team was left out. I mean, in fairness, they could have selected them, and left out, say, some crappy team like Radioshack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Seems like ASO's fcuk you to the UCI after their demotion of certain French teams from the top level last year.

Personally I'm all in favour of seeing French/smaller teams at the tour, I'd be especially sad if Cofidis were left out- they have one of my favourite riders in Moncoutié.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I've liked Vacansoleil's aggressive style in the last couple of years (Johnny Hoogerland in the Vuelta for instance) but this year they have Ricco... not sure how I feel about that. Basso, Vino and Ricco all there. That can only mean one thing - bring back the chicken.

Ricco might just opt for the Giro of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

niceonetom wrote: »
    That can only mean one thing - bring back Der Kaiser.

Woudn't that be incredible if he ever did come back. Just looking at his effort up to Andorra all those years ago on Youtube. Incredible that he could ride up in the drops. I suppose we know why.

Looking at the smaller teams selected for this year-You could nearly see a time in the future when the ASO reverts to national/amateur outfits for the Tour and does away with the huge teams involved nowadays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement