Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing Saturday 22/1/2011

Options
  • 21-01-2011 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to tomorrow,some nice races. Obviously the Victor Chandler is the big one at Ascot. I'm more looking forward to the Grade 2 handicap hurdle on the card.
    Most looking forward to Walkon's return since being off since April 09 when winning a Grade 1 novice over 2miles. Was second in the Triumph that year,beaten as the 4/1 favourite behind Zaynar.Might go well depending on how much he needs the run. Other nice runners in that race include Henderson's unexposed French gelding Soldatino,winner of last year's Triumph.
    The Theystes handicap at Gowran looks a good race too. Last year's winner Whinstone Boy runs,my bet would be Alpha Ridge each way. There's a grade 2 hurdle on the card too.
    What are ye looking forward to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Edit: I'd totally forgot about Haydock,nice racing with the Champion Hurdle trial. Walkon entered in both,anyone know which one he's most likely to go to? I'd imagine the trial,a handicap carrying a big weight over 19 furlongs on soft going wouldn't be the easiest of comeback from nearly 2 years off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Anyone thoughts on an ew shot in tomorrows thyestes?
    I followed Pyro in the King George on Riverside Theatre, was well chuffed.
    So Pyro who's it gonna be tomorrow?

I know I'm not Pyro but said I'd give my opinion :pac: Alpha Ridge for me,around 8/1. If I was looking for a big priced each way shot I'd probably say Smoking Aces at 20/1. Gets in here with a rating of 119 but hasn't been great over fences as he's been racing over about 2 and a half miles. This trip more for him and what a feather weight. Was rated 138 when running a nice race to come 6th in the Pertemps last year(provided he gets in)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Nice one Gree... I mean UrbanSea. Im in KK, just home from the pub and tis fair cold out, grounds still rock solid, be surprised if gowran goes ahead tbh

• Moderators Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I always back Selection Box when I notice him running, so I'm doing it again. Couple of spins over hurdles should have him in decent order and he's worth a couple of quid e/w @ 22's.

• Advertisement

That's a horse I've backed a fair few times aswell Pyro.

Gowran and Haydock Park abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Aww! I was willing Lough Derg on there. What a legend.

I was willing Walkon on. Had him backed, touched 1.19 in running :(

Advertisement