Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jQuery Mobile

Options
  • 21-01-2011 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Anyone used this?

I've developed an app using it and it seems to work excellently. It's cross-browser so works on Android/iPhone/Windows Mobile/Blackberry. It's just hooking up the GPS and some sockets to the webbrowser will be the problem. I can do it on Android and am hoping that it will be just as easy on other platforms.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

JonJoeDali wrote: »
    Anyone used this?

I've developed an app using it and it seems to work excellently. It's cross-browser so works on Android/iPhone/Windows Mobile/Blackberry. It's just hooking up the GPS and some sockets to the webbrowser will be the problem. I can do it on Android and am hoping that it will be just as easy on other platforms.

Haven't used it myself because I heard it's a bit bloated.

But thinking of looking at it again with next project as it seems to be the most up to date option compared to JQTouch for example.

I tried it. It looks promising but it is still at alpha 2 so it has some deal-breaking bugs. The hashtag ajax page loading and transitions was completely broken when I tried it last. It is worth having a play with but hold off until at least a stable(ish) beta.

Advertisement