Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Masters UCC

Options
  • 21-01-2011 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello guys and girls,

Just looking for a bit of information regarding the Master programmes in ucc in English. I know the main things: you have to apply on the PAC website, etc. What I mainly want to know is what sort of average would someone need? The H.dip nowadays is about 63/64%. Is the masters something similar? Also, do they just take your English average into account or is it both of your subjects? Any replies would be much appreciated :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Which MA are you interested in specifically? The MA in English is divided into sub categories - Irish Writing, American Literature, Medieval & Renaissance, Modernities and Film Studies.

I've just graduated with my MA in English last month. I got a 1H in my primary degree but I know some MA students were accepted with a 2.1 degree (mid-high 2.1 as far as I know). They will of course take your overall undergraduate results into consideration, so you must do well in your non-English modules also.

Competition was quite high when I was applying in 2009, there are roughly about 10 places in each MA English class.

Best of luck with it! Any other questions, just ask! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bjdk

It's the Irish Writing one that I'm interested in! Went and talked to Eibhear Walshe about it. He's really helpful in fairness, but i wanted to get an idea from a student rather than a lecturer. The info you gave was perfect anyway ;) thanks a lot....much appreciated:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

bjdk wrote: »
    It's the Irish Writing one that I'm interested in! Went and talked to Eibhear Walshe about it. He's really helpful in fairness, but i wanted to get an idea from a student rather than a lecturer. The info you gave was perfect anyway ;) thanks a lot....much appreciated:cool:

Ooh enjoy! I did the MA in Irish Writing, wish I could do it all again! All the teaching staff are lovely for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

Anyone do the Film Studies MA?

Advertisement