Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you downloaded off the AppStore for OSX?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

So far I've downloaded Menu Pop and Telling Folders. I've got my eye on Music Player X.

Anyone else?

The store is missing a few great apps though e.g. Scrivener.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Nothing much. Twitter and Evernote and that's about it. I keep checking it every day but the pickings are pretty slim at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

All I got was caffeine. It puts a wee cup of coffee in the menu bar and clicking it prevents your mac from going to sleep. Quite useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Twitter just cos it was there while I was checking it out, havent opened the app store since.

Will be buying the beginners chinese (also just caught my eye) next year when I have time to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I already had a good few of the apps (Caffeine, Ejector, Alarm Clock, etc). The Twitter app is quite handy. Nothing else has grabbed my attention so far though. I tried a lot of the organisation apps (evernote, etc) but found them a bit useless, or something I'll have to pay for in the long run. Meh.

I downloaded Hedgewars, a freeware version of Worms 3 for the laugh. It's alright.

I guess it'll be another while before there's some really well thought out apps for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just Twitter.

Might make some purchases when some more games are added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭Talisman

Haven't even launched the App Store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved some of the free apps I had to it for ease of management as much as anything else.

Twitter, Evernote, Alfred, Kindle, MindNode and the brilliant Soulver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Caffeine & Hedgewars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Twitter, evernote, chopper 2, Alfred. I really like it as a method of software delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Solar Walk for Mac and Coversutra.

I have around $25 in an iTunes account for the last 7 months or so that I never spend on anything, so decided to buy these two to give the Mac App Store a go.

Solar Walk looks very interesting if limited, and has a lovely UI.

Coversutra, although and old app, has never been as cheap and is a great add on for your tunes collection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

jaysis, 25 dollars for soulver? Outrageous!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I might search around later next month, or do it myself, and compile a list of what apps I have and use and whats in the store.

Because if everything or even 75% of what I use is on it - it will make switching over macs or re-installing that bit easier.

If only there was a way it could store dock and layout settings and extensions in browsers installed through it - although this is ideally what that apple data farm is for.

Soulver, from a quick look at it, only does what I can do straight from chromes google bar / spotlight / my head or all though quicksilver?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Solitaire

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Just twitter, but i dont like this version of twitter.

I already had Connect360 and the Medialink PS3 app installed so they dont count!

from reading above though Im going to download Caffeine!

Advertisement