Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look Pedals

Options
  • 20-01-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

I have the Look Keo Carbons on my race bike (paid €135), and want to put something similar but not as pricey on my winter hack, maybe these.
    does anyone have them here? are they comparable with the Keo Carbons? i'm not concerned about weight, but want to make sure they lock good and tight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

It doesn't say if the spring tension is adjustable. I have the keo easys on the hacker and there is a lot of float unlike the carbons which can be tightened. If the release spring can't be tightened maybe avoid if you're concerned about ply between cleat and pedal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭ba

i see the tension spring at the heal of the pedal, on the Keo 2 Max. they look very similar to the Keo Classics, just i have found the Classics a bit weak. perhaps the Keo 2 max are better...i dont know yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

100Suns wrote: »
    It doesn't say if the spring tension is adjustable.
    They are adjustable. I haven't needed to adjust the tension though. Never used the carbons so i cant compare them. If you do get them, don't get the white ones !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The missus has those and likes them, she rode Ras na mBan with them and they never caused any problems.

that's great guys, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

I have them on my race bike, really like them. Close to the keo carbons in retention, I reckon. Also, ignore previous advice and get the white!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

go for the white, they look great (for about a day)!

I prefer black pedals. White/red/yellow ones are too distracting when looking at a bike. Besides, when you are cycling it, no one can see the things too well anyway.

got the Look Keo 2 Max pedals today during my lunch in eurocycles, looking forward to trying them out and comparing with the Look Keo carbons. Depending which i prefer, the better ones will go on my race bike...we'll see.

raam, they're kinda black, mostly dark grey.

I have the carbons on my race bike and I like them, I much prefer them to the Sprints I have on my training bike. I haven't ridden the Max yet. Let us know how they feel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Weight saving is minimal. The Keo Classic and Keo 2 Max have a different platform, the Keo 2 Max is closer to the Shimano SPD SL system, much wider platform.

I dislike both equally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Weight saving is minimal. The Keo Classic and Keo 2 Max have a different platform, the Keo 2 Max is closer to the Shimano SPD SL system, much wider platform.

I dislike both equally.

Haha! It's worth noting that the platform of the keo 2 max and the keo carbon is the same, but the keo carbon blade is different too. Personally, I prefer the look pedals, but having only ridden Shimano 105's for about an hour, I can't comment too strongly, and they didn't exactly wreck my head.

Raam wrote: »
    I have the carbons on my race bike and I like them, I much prefer them to the Sprints I have on my training bike. I haven't ridden the Max yet. Let us know how they feel?

have tried them for a while on the turbo. very snappy pedals, for both engaging and disengaging. set them roughly as tight as my carbons, so i'm happy enough with that. the release system is responsive, so think most of us could find the tension were looking for. once again, they look great.

on top of that they weigh about 50g more than similarly priced speedplays...which i wouldnt worry about.

Advertisement