Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda Kenny the roadie?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭

1224274035378_1.jpg

Taken from another thread - is it for real or a photoshop or what?

Anyone car to confirm or deny? Let me know. There might be in an extra vote in it for him ;)

Edit. Hmmm, I just saw the livestrong bracelet.... that could send me the other way. -What kind of bike was he riding? If it's a frickin trek 1.2 then I'm voting labour, but if it's a tasty yoke he could still swing it :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Look at that visor.

[/country]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

It's been mentioned before.

That photo makes me want to hang myself with an 11 speed chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Yeah, I just found the pic from in google there, it's an irish times photo from last years Ring of Kerry apparently.

I say fair feckin' play to him.

So we could have a roadie for Taoiseach in a couple of months!!!??!!

We could do a lot worse!!

If there were more of us in the councils we might spend less of our Sunday mornings shouting "HOLE" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Enda Kenny could ride the RAS and I still wouldn't vote for him. Clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭gmoorewest

If anybody has a picture of Brian Cowan or Mary Harney in cycling gear, I don't want to see it. eeerrrrhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,042 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Enda Kenny could ride the RAS and I still wouldn't vote for him. Clown.

Dirk, slagging the man who is probably going to be our next Taoiseach and who might do something good for the sport in Ireland is the sort of attitude that is dragging this country down towards a moral and economic abyss, the depths of which can only be imagined.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

gmoorewest wrote: »
    If anybody has a picture of Brian Cowan or Mary Harney in cycling gear, I don't want to see it. eeerrrrhhhhh

I'm trying to have my dinner ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Lumen wrote: »
    Dirk, slagging the man who is probably going to be our next Taoiseach and who might do something good for the sport in Ireland is the sort of attitude that is dragging this country down towards a moral and economic abyss, the depths of which can only be imagined.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I must say, everything I've ever heard about cycling officialdom, right down to club committee level, smacked only of division and disagreement. :o

I don't know that we'd make much of a coherent lobby group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

There was a lovely photo of Enda with his support team, but I can't find it - I'm sure it was on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It'd take a lot more than him grinning like an eejit in a photo op to convince me that Fine Gael has the interests of cyclists at heart.

As far as I recall, it didn't support the National Cycling Policy Framework. In Dublin at least, its councillors have been pretty hostile about cyclists.

Policy, not photos, gets my vote.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I should probably add the caveat that a party's policy on cycling would be fairly low down on my list of priorities in a general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

+1 El Tonto, the Greens gave us the bike scheme, but a whole load of other crap too that negated all of that, so cycling policy would be pretty low on my list of desired qualities in a party for the election.

Of course I cannot get excited about any of the parties and in particular the candidates in my area. I wouldn't vote for any of them if the polling booth was in my bathroom and I was dying for a sh*t..

... and Enda... MTB helmet on a road bike... tut tut what would his Italian counterpart think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

Just had a quick glance at the ring of kerry photos on http://www.killarneycameraclub.ie/index.php . Everyone else wearing sunnies to filter the bright light not our Enda...
    The US got Barack Obama, looks like we are getting Forrest Gump :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

anyone get the kind of tiger look he has going on ???? or is that just my imagination ??

what would mary harney ride anyhow ?

ahem.

maybe Giant ? ; Felt ? ; high nelly? hybrid ? any suggestions ?

what frame size would mary be ? do you think ?

seriously ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

michael196 wrote: »
    anyone get the kind of tiger look he has going on ???? or is that just my imagination ??

what would mary harney ride anyhow ?

ahem.

maybe Giant ? ; Felt ? ; high nelly? hybrid ? any suggestions ?

what frame size would mary be ? do you think ?

seriously ...

a big wheel tricycle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    what would his Italian counterpart think ?

If you mean Silvio then he'd probably think, "I wonder how much it would cost to ride that." That seems to be the default thought.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

He used to post here as Blorg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    ... and Enda... MTB helmet on a road bike...

tut tut what would his Italian counterpart think ?

Pier Luigi Bersani: Kenny? È certamente un Fred.

bersani-large.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Inda ain't exactly Putin.

Putin wears cycling gloves, wonder if he goes out for the odd spin......

080620people_putin--121394861977409600.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

C'mon folks-does he look any less of a gimp than the rest of us do when we're clobbered up for the road?
    Might be a long shot here,but maybe the man is enjoying himself when he goes out,getting away from it all.Same as the rest of us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Might be a long shot here,but maybe the man is enjoying himself when he goes out,getting away from it all.Same as the rest of us...
    I agree, tis hardly the most lucrative vote getter is it? I'd rather see a potential leader take time out for a some exercise than attending every funeral,christening and letter opening in the country

langdang wrote: »
    I agree, tis hardly the most lucrative vote getter is it? I'd rather see a potential leader take time out for a some exercise than attending every funeral,christening and letter opening in the country

Yeah, but you need to look at the big picture. He's wearing a visor and his helmet straps are fastened on the outside of his glasses.

I'd question his competence to govern; he's clearly being ill-advised.

How's he supposed to untangle NAMA if he can't even get his headgear right?

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

But he could look like less of one, I mean Sarko doesn't look all that bad on the vélo.
    french-president-sarkozy.jpg

To be fair to Inda, it is great to see a politician on a bike out there with the rest of us proles. I know a lot of politicians wouldn't do it for fear of being harassed.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

obama_bike.jpg

I suppose I should say "hey, it could be worse!" ^^^

but I'd still rate Obama above Edna in the statesmanship stakes, even with that mudguard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Get yer quotes together biys, as welcome a change as Enda will be, there's a good tradition of high-priced external consultants advising the government- ye could be well in there!

C'mon folks-does he look any less of a gimp than the rest of us do when we're clobbered up for the road?

Any more of gimp you mean?

And yes, he does:

enda+bike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭cantalach

gmoorewest wrote: »

If, on the other hand, anyone has a photo of Miriam O'Callaghan in cycling gear, I would love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

I just sicked up a little bit @ Enda.

• Advertisement

niceonetom wrote: »
    Obama

O.M.G.W.T.F.

Commuter-racing Boris....

boris-bike_415x275.jpg

Advertisement