Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling a car quickly?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

HI Everyone,

I'm looking for a little advice, I'm moving to Oz at the end of February to try and get a bit of work. I need to sell my car before I go (otherwise I'm staying put!!) so I'm looking for the quickest way to get rid of it? Its a 2007 Suzuki Swift with 90k on the clock. Its in great nick and from what I can see on Carzone its worth around 6,500 - 6,900. I need to hit the 5k mark but quickly!!

Where is the best place to put an ad? Carzone? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

try adverts.ie or donedeal.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Docnic wrote: »
    HI Everyone,

I'm looking for a little advice, I'm moving to Oz at the end of February to try and get a bit of work. I need to sell my car before I go (otherwise I'm staying put!!) so I'm looking for the quickest way to get rid of it? Its a 2007 Suzuki Swift with 90k on the clock. Its in great nick and from what I can see on Carzone its worth around 6,500 - 6,900. I need to hit the 5k mark but quickly!!

Where is the best place to put an ad? Carzone? Any advice would be appreciated.

if you need to hit the 5K mark ....throw it up advertised for 5.5-6K.... priced right will get people interested and allows you room to drop a bit on the price.

90K in 3yrs ...thats a fair amount of driving and will have an effect on sale price ... I have a 03 fiesta (bought it in 04 with 8k on the clock ...its currently on 97K...and still going strong)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1814730

I'd say keep the price to asking price €5.5K to get the calls.

Good luck in Oz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Docnic

Thanks for the advice everyone.

90k would seem like a lot but the car is in great condition so hopefully people will see that. :) Here's praying!! lol

Advertisement