Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Good Bulldog Vet in Dublin??

Options
  • 20-01-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

I am looking to get a second opinion on my 8 month old bulldog his left hip is popping in and out when he moves in certain ways, I have been told by one vet he may need a hip replacement but after looking around on the internet it seems to be quite common and vets try to talk you into hip replacements when it isnt really neccessary?

Anyway if anyone knows any good vets around Dublin that would know about Bulldogs please let me know!

Thanks a million!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Don't know of any specifically but I'm sure the Bulldog Society would be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

Bulldog Club of Ireland

Ms. J. Collie
    Lowerrock, Thornford, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan.
    (042-9743745) Email: judithcollie@yahoo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 reinoj

Thank you so much thats great ill give them a buzz! would be great to hear from somebody personally too who has high reccomendations of one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

It's just outside Dublin but you should go to Moss Vets http://www.mossvet.ie/ just off the M7, first Naas exit to see Edward Gillic. He's fantastic with all things bone and joint related and his receptionist has 2 bulldogs so he'd be very familiar with the breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 reinoj

I have just emailed Judith so hopefully she gets back to me :)

Oh that sounds brilliant Toulouse!! I must give him a call and try get my little man down to him asap! thanks a million for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

John Bainbridge (Argyle & Bainbridge) vets - I find him excellent and he is brilliant with my dobie. Very straight and easy to deal with. Defo knows his stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 es2003

We go to argyle and bainbridge too with our great dane and I think he's great.. Bainbridge is the zoo vet also and is involved wiith peata the therapy dog charity. The vet nurses there are lovely too.

Advertisement