Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to receive 4 Satellites using a single 90 cm dish

Options
  • 20-01-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

I am trying to setup a FTA Satellite system. I would like to receive free unencrypted (clear) channels from 4 different satellites in different directions like 13E, 28E, 9E etc. At the moment I am watching TV in only one room, but soon would buy another FTA TV for 1 more room.

At the moment I have

0ne FTA HD receiver
    One 90 cm dish
    Two QUAD LNB's
    One LNB Holder for 4 LNB's
    One 4 x 1 DiSEqC Switch

I presume that I need 2 more LNB's to connect to 2 more satellites. Do I need anything else? What is the best way of setup?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

See http://www.techtir.ie/tv-radio/satellite-distribution

134102.png

Triax 90/95 cm dish. Triax multi-LNB bar.

You need a 4 way Diseqc switch per tuner input. A Single 17x16 Emp Centauri Multiswitch will feed 16 tuners from four Quattro LNBs (one can be a Quad), instead of using a four way diseqc switch per satellite tuner.

If 28.2E is Port 1 on multiswitch, then a Sky box works.

You can easily do 20 degree arc. The dish in photo is pointed at 16E on install and receives 30E to 8E approximately.
    Left most is 28.2E and right most LNB in photo is 9E

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TestLink

Thanks for the feedback Watty.
    Triax 90/95 cm dish. Triax multi-LNB bar.

I already have it both (One 90 cm Triax dish, One triax Multi LNB Holder for 4 LNB's.
    You need a 4 way Diseqc switch per tuner input. A Single 17x16 Emp Centauri Multiswitch will feed 16 tuners from four Quattro LNBs (one can be a Quad), instead of using a four way diseqc switch per satellite tuner.

By tuner you mean, the SD/HD FTA receiver, right? So if I need to connect the feed from the dish to a single receiver, is a single diseqc switch enough?

So from each LNB' the cable goes in to the 1/2/3/4 port of the Diseqc switch and from the R port of the Diseqc switch the cable goes into the receiver.

And if I want to go multi room later either add another diseqc switch for each receiver or just replace the existing diseqc switch with a Multiswitch like 17x16 Emp Centauri Multiswitch. Am I right?

Could you suggest a good Quad LNB which would give HD quality and is reasonably priced? I need to buy 2 more.

Any decent brand quad is the same. Analogue, Digital or HD is irrelevant.

Note that Multiswithes that take Quads are more expensive than ones that take Quattro. A Quattro ONLY works the Multiswitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TestLink

Also any idea whether the Adult channels mentioned as non encrypted @ http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=33E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear could be received with out subcription?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

If it's clear, it's clear, no need for subscription if your receiver can decode the streams.

However, flysat has that package marked as gone as of 8th Jan. kingofsat seems slow to update nowadays, and I personally find the site a mess to navigate (maybe it's my browser). There are a few better ones, you should at least check a couple if you need regular information.

• Advertisement

Advertisement