Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish eating in Dublin

Options
  • 20-01-2011 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My Polish girlfriend has just moved over here to live with me. But does anyone know any good places I can bring her for some Polish food in the Dublin city centre area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Muzzi17

I was a bit too quick with my post obviously - I have tried Menupages - it doesn't give me much and it seems the options on it are either closed down or not really Polish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

There's a quite big Polish shop at Talbot Street. If you go upstairs you can try some Polish food. Some of the positions are really worth to try, ex. strawberry juice or pierogi. Some nice chicken too.. It's quite cheap as well.

They don't serve alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Collumbo

actually the best Polish grub in Dublin is served in that little shopping mall under Moore St Lidl. The mall itself is a bit weird. Eating there is like eating in an airport.

Anyway the polish place seems to be run by some gang affiliated to the catholic church (I may be way off there). They seem to be connected to the Pope John Paul foundation or something. Most of the ladies working in there can't speak English, but there is always at least one who can.

Anyway all things aside, the food is superb. Usually you get a big plate for 10 or 12 euro. The choices are different every day but usually you can get soup, pierogi, stuffed pancakes, krokietki, kotlety, fried mushrooms, battered pork, chicken... I've only had one crap meal in there and I've eaten there lots of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭trevorku

To be honest your probably gonna pay an arm and a leg eating out Polish food. However some good places are the Moore Street Shopping Mall has one or two places downstairs that you can sit and eat but your nearly better going to Lituanica and just buying and cooking the stuff yourself, my wive is Polish but after a while she settled for Tesco food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Malgosia

Hey Muzzi, I can recommend you...russian restaurant called "Admiral". They serve great food and some of the dishes are similar to polish :) I'm sure your girlfriend will like "Potato Deruni" served with Salmon :)Here is the website: http://www.admiralrestaurant.com/en/index.html . Enjoy!

Advertisement