Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying to BPS for accreditation

Options
  • 20-01-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I noticed that you can apply to the British Psychological Society (BPS) to become recognised by them, which I assume then lets you apply apply to courses in the UK which require BPS accreditation instead of PSI accreditation.

Has anybody here done that? I'm considering getting a higher diploma in psychology accredited by the PSI and then applying to the BPS so that I'd have more options for a masters/doctorate.

Is this a realistic possibility?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's possible, yes. A classmate of mine did it (H Dip Psych a few years ago), and if memory serves, it took a while. He had to find 2 staff in the psych dept who were BPS members so they could sign his form, etc.

He then went on to a Masters in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 susmac

As far as I know, the BPS and PSI have an agreement to recognise each other's qualifications, for degrees anyway. The whole getting 2 members to sign the form is just to apply for membership of the organisation, same as PSI, so you get the magazine etc. Again as far as I know you don't actually HAVE to be joined as such, as being eligible to join is what they are usually looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 susmac

Advertisement