Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Pro Meteor Broadband Issue...

Options
  • 20-01-2011 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

I just started using my macbook pro with meteor broadband in the apartment last night and for the first time since I got it - my 2month old MBP has crashed on me - with a black background and white text 'saying i need to restart'.

It looks like its a Kernel Panic - which I have to assume is from the Meteor Broadband and software that came with it.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue as this? It's happened three times again this morning!! This can't be good for it - except I need to keep using it for college.

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is this a USB stick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

yes it is E173 i believe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Stop using it for a while, long enough to confirm that is indeed the USB stick that is the problem. If it is, just get on on Meteor and tell them. Maybe you could get one of their MiFi Hotspots instead.

Have you done anything else recently that might be causing this? Like installing RAM, etc?

No - havnt done a thing to the laptop. I'll keep going with it and see if it happens again. I'm just wondering why its happening. Surely i can't be the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

From personal experience the software for the USB devices doesn't really play ball with OSX. In particular it's use of Java for it's front end causes a few problems. After a period of about 30 minutes my MBP would slow to a crawl running the 3Connect application.

Solution was as SP suggested - MiFi device !! Tell them it's not working for you and they may give you a direct exchange !!

Good luck !!

Ken

• Advertisement

I still don't know if im going to stick wiht meteor midband. I just moved into an apt and had the stick from an old deal they did before xmas - so i just thought I'd try it. to be honest its been a nightmare with the mac.

seems its an issue with gmail java script and the dongle. fair few cases of it out there. Might just have to go try imagine.

Advertisement