Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you store your bike?

Options
  • 20-01-2011 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Just got me thinking this morning as I noticed my mighty steed rapidly turning to rust.

Where do you keep your bike overnight?

Outside for me- some protection from the wind from a slightly overhanging gutter.

Where do you store your bike? 86 votes

Outside no protection
    0%
    Outside under cover
    2%
    MrCreosoteUndercover Elephant 2 votes
    In the shed
    5%
    seamusmockerydawglukestermickeycavfrant2 5 votes
    In the hallway
    31%
    StokolanednwirelandTorque[Deleted User]StaggerLeecee_jayIdleaterfagoDord8kvscdpglqnyr4ronanmacclaivamacnabDancoralanuccVéloCaptain HavocRyathinstinctColSheehan 27 votes
    In a special bike room
    22%
    Kintarō HattoriCabaalleftismgaffmastersmaclredvedbloomfieldtommysparksPaul Kiernandario28lennymctomasrojoCoronalTonyandthewhalecdaly_goldenclericfeck sake ladsFatSh!tereidzer 19 votes
    In the bedroom
    17%
    ShevYuberwolfcaptain PPigeon Reaperbarry75konaCaroline_iesmackyBCheGuedaran-dawgLemagfunkyjebuscormpatWhisperingDeathClareVisitor 15 votes
    In bed
    19%
    StarkBlowfishgreenasgrasstrinewbieCookie_Monstergreenplainjamsieboy86wayne0308AstraMontiIcyseanfitztwinsenbikenutdquirke1DrZeussCramCycleHail 2 Da Thiefgreenrocket 17 votes
    Bike?!? F*** off and pay some road tax ya hippy!
    1%
    snubbleste 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

In the bedroom
    I've said in a special bike room... but its just in the spare room, the other half keeps his bike in there too, so I suppose its kind of the bike room :rolleyes:!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In the shed
    Outside under a bike cover. It's also mostly protected by a glass barrier on one side and my balcony above it. Rain does get in though when the wind is blowing the wrong way.

Don't really have anywhere else to put it. Could leave it in the hall, but it'd be badly in the way. If I was to have a "bike room", I would have to carry it up and down the stairs every day; the walls would be destroyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭greenasgrass

In bed
    My bike is in the spare bedroom after the feckers robbed my last one :( from our underground carpark..... Only problem I have is coming in after wet cycle it drips muddy water onto the good carpet! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

In the hallway
    Alarmed and camera monitored block shed.

Or sitting room / kitchen depending on laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

In the bedroom
    I recently & successfully mooted the creation of a bike room. "oh, your turbo could go in there too"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

In a special bike room
    Does the porch count as a special bike room, given it typically has 5-6 bikes in it on various hooks and hangers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

In the bedroom
    in a special bike room I call my flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,042 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'm currently moving two of the kids into one small bedroom, which with further shuffling may just give me the dedicated bike room I deserve.

Priorities, I've heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Outside under cover
    smacl wrote: »
    Does the porch count as a special bike room, given it typically has 5-6 bikes in it on various hooks and hangers?

Definitely.

I'd say a bike room is one where the primary purpose relates to cycling- storing bikes for example, a turbo room or even just a quiet place where you shave your legs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

In the hallway
    I keep mine in The Denis Menchov Centre for Sporting Excellence :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

any good locks out there ,dont want my new bike ending up in the wrong hands

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Mine live in the garage. You forgot that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

In a special bike room
    The old bike was kept in the bikeshed* our apartment has in the basement carpark. After getting the new bike the missus 'told me' I wasn't putting it there and should keep it in the hallway. Yay.

*It has had the gate busted open on more than one occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In the shed
    hoganpoly wrote: »
    any good locks out there ,dont want my new bike ending up in the wrong hands
    This. Make sure you lock it somewhere nice and public, preferably as close to your house as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

In the bedroom
    In my apartment building each apartment has its own separate storage room. These are all very conveniently located almost directly across the corridor from my apartment. Even more awesome than this is that the largest one was assigned to our apartment despite it being the smallest apartment. I haven't told my flatmate about this yet and she hasn't asked so... it's my bike room :D Have had 4 bikes in there but I've now reduced this to 2 with plenty of room to swing a cat. I suppose that one could probably store a few thousand pairs of shoes in it..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,042 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

kenmc wrote: »
    Mine live in the garage. You forgot that option.

And it needs to be multiple choice.

Mine are...

Attic.
    Shed.
    Kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭greenasgrass

In bed
    Lemag wrote: »
    In my apartment building each apartment has its own separate storage room. These are all very conveniently located almost directly across the corridor from my apartment. Even more awesome than this is that the largest one was assigned to our apartment despite it being the smallest apartment. I haven't told my flatmate about this yet and she hasn't asked so... it's my bike room :D Have had 4 bikes in there but I've now reduced this to 2 with plenty of room to swing a cat. I suppose that one could probably store a few thousand pairs of shoes in it..

You should let it out as a 'Studio' apartment!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

In the bedroom
    You should let it out as a 'Studio' apartment!:)
    I'd happily sublet it to whomever will look after my bikes. It'd be great. Get home form a long cycle. Deposit bike in 'bike room/studio apartment' and then when heading out on next cycle collect bike from 'bike room/studio apartment' fully serviced and cleaned.

I've threatened to use it as a dungeon for friends that need sobering up at a party eek.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

In the hallway
    I keep mine locked up in the carpark under my apartment. I would put it in the storage room in my apartment but there's a peugeot racer in there (that hasn't been used in a few years) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

In the bedroom
    ... I had to think about that one again. For those who've been to my place, I actually live in the bike shed with the bikes. Took me a while to realise that ... meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

In bed
    in my bedroom with one eye open at all times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

In the bedroom
    main bike sits just inside the door, the hall is tiled so handy on those wet days when it leaks watery grease.

Recently tidied the spare room and now its just my other bikes, my turbo and a tv. Finished it off last night and used the turbo up there last night for the first time. Its by far the coldest room in the house (attic room) so is perfect for turbo and working a sweat trying to get a bb off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

In bed
    in a special bike room I call my flat.
    ^ this. The wonders of a 'studio' apartment mean the bikes are in the bedroom, kitchen and sitting room all at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

In the bedroom
    I have mine in our utility room. It needs tidying out though, I've noticed the amount of stuff being "temporarily" left down there is increasing and I'm knocking into stuff getting my bike in and out every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

In the shed
    Bike_Cave_009.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Hanging on the kitchen wall !! then 2 in the shed

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

In the hallway
    Hang it in the shed with my other sports gear and tools.

Has anyone gone to the extreme of insulating their shed ? mine is just bare wood and after the last cold spell I dont like leaving the bike out there. The cold temps messed with my hydro brakes and chain need an overhaul before I could use the bike agian :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭Ryath

In the hallway
    Lumen wrote: »
    I'm currently moving two of the kids into one small bedroom, which with further shuffling may just give me the dedicated bike room I deserve.

Priorities, I've heard of them.

Must suggest that to the wife I'm afraid I'd be moved out to the shed with the bike though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,486 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

In bed
    The spare bed room doubles as bike storage, workshop, clothes drying room, wardrobe, model train storage and building area, and general store all. Gets quite a lot of use :)

also who sleeps with theirs?

• Advertisement
Advertisement