Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braun Factory products

Options
  • 20-01-2011 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello, I am joining this group to request help. Does anyone have any older products made by Braun in Carlow between 1960-1990 or photos that could be used? I am putting on an exhibition in Dublin about it and really need stuff to borrow for the show. Dieter Rams was their main designer and they had a plant in carlow producing a really nice lighter (http://table-lighters.blogspot.com/2010/07/braun-cylindric-t2-table-lighter-dieter.html)
    Any memorabilia also welcome.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

My dad worked there for 26 years, I'm sure he has some stuff lying around at home. Ill ask him tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

hi yeah my father also worked in braun from the start, was probably last guy to leave in the summer, i remember we had some of them lighters in our house and my grandmother also had one to i will have a look for it, could be long gone by now, but i will ask my father and let you know,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Shane O D

That sounds great, thanks for getting back to me and I can tell ye more info.

I have been in touch with Carlow Chamber of Commerce who have directed me to OralB in Newbridge where some workers were transferred. Any progress on tracking down the lighter? It would be great to have the connection to the Carlow plant. Still hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

i didn't get time to look, but will def have look in next day or two and will get back to you

• Advertisement

Any joy with finding a lighter for the exhibition? Someone in carlow chamber of commerce recommended that I get a former employee to explain the production of the lighter too. So if you have any relations that could also be interviewed let me know. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 norburren

Hi Suggest if you looking for people who worked in Braun that long ago better if you appeal to local papers, the Carlow Nationalist or Carlow People. Don't think many of former workers on Board.ie

Also try local radio KCLR.

I know some people who worked in Braun over the years and think the majority of people who transferred to Newbridge would be relatively new (10 years or less service) and so wouldn't have the info you are seeking on products from the 70's.

Thanks for the suggestion. radio is a good option.

we have launched a website about it- www.curateanddesign.com if you are interested!

Advertisement