Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried about freckle

Options
  • 19-01-2011 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there, I've been to two gp's about a freckle that I know for sure I have for seven years, can't remember before that. Anyway it's about 3mm tan brown and looks symmetrical enough to me, anyway when it first appeared it was a little over half the size it is now! The first doctor I went to said she wouldn't be worried about it at all but I still worried a little as I did stupidly do sunbeds for a while when younger so I went to another gp who said he didn't think it looked suspicious but as I was worried he gave me a referral letter to see a dermatologist! I'll ring her tomorrow to make an appointment. I don't have vhi but will pay for consultation, does anyone have any idea how much it will cost if I have to have it removed? Also, from my description of this freckle/mole be in the final stages of melanoma? Or would it only become really bad if I left it and it became raised and hard? At the moment it's a perfectly flat freckle! Thanks for any insight

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

As always, no medical advice should be sought on online forums. Talk to your GP if you have concerns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement