Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car door replacement

Options
  • 19-01-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi all.

I had a little accident on new years eve. I reversed into someones front passanger door. We've decided to avoid insurance so I can keep my NCD so I am just wondering can anyone give me a rough idea of how much the replacement of the door will cost. I have already sourced a door from a scrap yard (thankfully in the right colour so no spraying required) for €100. It's just the door though, no window or interior trim or anything so all this will need to be taken from the old door and put into the new. The car in question is a 2000 Peugeot 206.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It should be a pretty straightforward job. Time wise less than an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,430 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Be prepared for the colour not to match exactly. I hope It does match but it may not.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭vectrahed

YipYipU wrote: »
    Hi all.

I had a little accident on new years eve. I reversed into someones front passanger door. We've decided to avoid insurance so I can keep my NCD so I am just wondering can anyone give me a rough idea of how much the replacement of the door will cost. I have already sourced a door from a scrap yard (thankfully in the right colour so no spraying required) for €100. It's just the door though, no window or interior trim or anything so all this will need to be taken from the old door and put into the new. The car in question is a 2000 Peugeot 206.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

where are you located, id be able to fit this for you

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

Thanks for the replies folks.

vectrahed - I appreciate the offer but the owner has already organised someone to do the work but has so far been unable to provide me with an estimate. How much would you charge for this job? If it doesn't work out I will get back to you. Located in Meath btw.

colm_mcm - I'll keep my fingers crossed that the colour matches. The door came off a car of the same year so hopefully they've faded around the same amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Be prepared for the colour not to match exactly. I hope It does match but it may not.
    +1. I've done this myself, and the colour was way out. I spoke to a few people beforehand, and the general consensus was that finding a door in exactly the same colour is extremely unlikely. Apparently it's nothing to do with fading, rather that actual colours vary from car to car.

• Advertisement

Anan1 wrote: »
    +1. I've done this myself, and the colour was way out. I spoke to a few people beforehand, and the general consensus was that finding a door in exactly the same colour is extremely unlikely. Apparently it's nothing to do with fading, rather that actual colours vary from car to car.

I was unaware of this, thanks. So I would guess €150-200 to respray? Or am i way off?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

YipYipU wrote: »
    I was unaware of this, thanks. So I would guess €150-200 to respray? Or am i way off?
    I would have thought something around that. If it's any help, i've used Crofton Motors on Sundrive Rd before after being recommended them here and I thought they did good to very good work at very keen prices.

Thanks Anan1. I'll wait and see how the owner gets on with her guy and I'll take it from there. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Gooseygoosey

I think maybe to strip and rebuild a door and then refit might take a bit more than an hour...maybe?

I think maybe to strip and rebuild a door and then refit might take a bit more than an hour...maybe?

I kinda thought that alright. Sure we'll see what happens I guess. It's out of my hands now unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I'd to replace the bonnet on my laguna as for some reason the edges of mine decided to rust badly.

I got one off the same car as mine with the same paint code but when I put it on the car it was a lot different.

I clayed the bonnet, t-cut it and polished it and now you couldn't tell it wasn't the orginal!

The work has been done. Apparently some of the door need to be sprayed so the total came to €225 (not including the €100 i paid for the door).

No beer for me this weekend :(

Advertisement