Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertie Ahern and Coillte

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Are these indigenous forests? Or were they planted as part of a forestry investment scheme? I couldn't really tell from the link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭buffalo

I wrote to the Dept of Agriculture about this a while back, and never received a response. I've not heard anything official regarding the sale, and wanted a clarification of what exactly is going on. It could all just be scare-mongering, but given this country's track record for closed-door land deals...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

He has been out an about campaigning in Dublin recently with Cyprian Brady I believe. So if anyone has the chance you should ask him what its all about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

we have already given away most of our natural resources: whatever bits of oil and gas off the atlantic seaboard, we gave our fishing rights to spain, cripled our multi billion export beef business, our exporting sugar beet business, we just gave away, and we are more broke than ever. agriculture in ireland can generate billions still in export, yet we ignore it.

if any government looks sideways at the forests i will hire my own cement truck and this time it wont stop at the gates !! then i will drive the next cement loorry up behind that one, then another and another.

my grandfather worked the forests during the ''emergency'' to provide fuel to a town, when coal imports were stopped due to WW2. Friends grandparents planted huge swathes of mountainous land to provide the forests of today.

the last people to take our forests were the kings and queens of england, needing oak to build ships for ther wars with spain and france. We never got those oak forests back.

hands off, Mr Cowan, hands off Bertie, Hands off Minister for Kebabs,

soon there wont be anything irish owned left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

buffalo wrote: »
    I wrote to the Dept of Agriculture about this a while back, and never received a response. I've not heard anything official regarding the sale, and wanted a clarification of what exactly is going on. It could all just be scare-mongering, but given this country's track record for closed-door land deals...

who did you write to I work in the Department.

Advertisement