Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Electronics Interview

Options
  • 19-01-2011 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

I'm supposed to be going for an interview this week. It's a graduate position in a small firm that make specific ASIC/FPGA stuff for clients. I've never gone for an interview before so I'm bricking it a little bit. Any help would be a bonus!

They're asking for a mix of digital logic design (vhdl etc) and object orientated programming (c++, java). So anyone know what kind of questions they might ask? Or any areas I should know very well?

I have the programming side down I think but my digital stuff is a bit rusty and I have no idea what they might ask.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

Anima wrote: »
    I'm supposed to be going for an interview this week. It's a graduate position in a small firm that make specific ASIC/FPGA stuff for clients. I've never gone for an interview before so I'm bricking it a little bit. Any help would be a bonus!

They're asking for a mix of digital logic design (vhdl etc) and object orientated programming (c++, java). So anyone know what kind of questions they might ask? Or any areas I should know very well?

I have the programming side down I think but my digital stuff is a bit rusty and I have no idea what they might ask.

Thanks!

At the very least I'd review:
    • Basic boolean algebra
    • Logic gates: AND, OR, NAND, NOR, NOT gates etc.
    • Karnaugh maps
    • Transistors as switches
    • Registers, muxes, flip-flops, counters, oscillators, ALUs, memory, state machines, FPGAs
    • Maybe some DSP
    • ADCs, DACs
    • Basic VHDL/Verilog
    • EDA tools and toolchains
    You would be surprised at the level of basic questions which are asked, even for experienced engineers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for. I'll read over that stuff now!

Advertisement