Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rally Monte Carlo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

great so far

well this coverage is reinforcing my hatred of Carlton kirby

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭reiger

Hanninen is the boy and skoda are still way ahead of the rest,today also proved how big of a heap the Proton is one of them caved at the start of the first stage,id say Keith Cronin made the right move by staying away from them

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭reiger

Grim. wrote: »
    well this coverage is reinforcing my hatred of Carlton kirby

didnt see todays coverage but would 100% agree with you and that Kirby lad he's worse than poor.eurosport would be ahead of motors anyday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

reiger wrote: »
    Hanninen is the boy and skoda are still way ahead of the rest,today also proved how big of a heap the Proton is one of them caved at the start of the first stage,id say Keith Cronin made the right move by staying away from them

Yeah Skoda have a clear advantage but its worth remembering that the Peugeot is quite long in the tooth at this stage so its little surprise to see it struggling somewhat. Great stuff from Solberg in his IRC debut to be at the sharp end and Sarrazin is looking as handy as ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Love the live stages! Wish they would do that with WRC.

Carlton is better on motorsport that he is on cycling, where he is just woeful! He kept going to say "Peterhansel" instead of Petter Solberg...still in Dakar mode obviously.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

**** just got real. A classic Monte tyre lottery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

This is class. Its the way forward for rallying. The simucast is great as well

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

When Eurosport get the budget from the event organisers, they job they do pisses all over the WRC coverage. Simucast is much better than Virtual Spectator as well.

loved today's coverage

epic start to the motor sport year as always from the Monte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Couldnt more of the rally have been held at the weekend? Seems a bit daft holding it during the week! Anybody see former F1 driver Cafis spin Friday night (and because of work thats the only coverage I saw.) http://www.ircseries.com/html/readNews.asp?id=2431

On the countdown to Eurosports live coverage they showed the highlights of the previous two days. When it snowed it was incredible. What drama! Not really a rally fan but it does work as a live sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbFk4g6GFnc&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Couldnt more of the rally have been held at the weekend? Seems a bit daft holding it during the week! ....

I think that its got something to do with them being only able to hold the old style monte event during the week, as in night stages / full length stages ect, they could only run top 60 cars last night for the night stages too...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Did Eamon Boland enter this event? He did it last year I think. Also is there anywhere online I could get highlights wasn't able to see the coverage! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

matty55 wrote: »
    Did Eamon Boland enter this event? He did it last year I think. Also is there anywhere online I could get highlights wasn't able to see the coverage! :(

Yip he finished 28th OA, 6th in class....

Youtube is your friend for highlights.....

Day 1

Do a wee search in a days time the rest should be up then

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Bobby04

Malari wrote: »
    Love the live stages! Wish they would do that with WRC.

They plan to sample article

Advertisement