Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tacx or Elite Rollers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

tried the tacx before. Good, but not hard wearing. No resistance. Have the cyclops aluminium which I highly recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I have the Tacx which, so far, has been fine. I would go with this one

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

I have the elite parabolic,

The rollers have a type of light surface texture on them which seems to cause a little more grip on the front wheel which prevents it skating over and back. It also generates a little resistance.

The raised edges do prevent the wheels from slipping off when you loose concentration, it's easy to correct and get on with it.

Recommended to a roller novice for these reasons. I've used mine loads this winter and they are holding up well!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mc2000

I have TacX rollers, have had them 3 years, not a bother on them. Not the same obviously as turbo as you can't set resistance, but they're much less boring than the turbo, as you've to concentrate or else you'll end up going out your living room window.

what I really want are these:

https://www.bike24.net/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=12575;page=1;menu=1000,5,69;mid=0;pgc=0;ID=34f879c944533d4193ff751963d454c5

...but I really don't want the price that they are :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,030 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

mc2000 wrote: »

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/product-review-elite-e-motion-rollers

The major issue (for me) would be the size of the things. I don't have a dedicated turbo room (yet).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

that's a very good price for the e-motion rollers. Have them myself. They tuck away on their side in the utility room, they don't take up that much room.

anoble66 wrote: »
    that's a very good price for the e-motion rollers. Have them myself. They tuck away on their side in the utility room, they don't take up that much room.

The Elite are not quite the same as the e-motion ones.

(sorry for off-topic)

good point. Elite did buy the European rights for the InsideRide E-motion rollers - they then changed the design - and called it the Elite Emotion which is the only option in Europe. Essentially the same, but I think the InsideRide model is probably better with the metal rollers instead of plastic.

Lumen wrote: »
    The Elite are not quite the same as the e-motion ones.

(sorry for off-topic)

anoble66 wrote: »
    good point. Elite did buy the European rights for the InsideRide E-motion rollers - they then changed the design - and called it the Elite Emotion which is the only option in Europe. Essentially the same, but I think the InsideRide model is probably better with the metal rollers instead of plastic.

There are a few differences, described in that review I posted.

Fear not, your absurdly expensive rollers have not been devalued. ;)

Ah yes, but can you swing around your bike wildly on yours....worth every cent...honest :p But no, your right.....they are a very overpriced system....and to be honest I now wish I had bought a turbo :rolleyes:

Anyway, back on topic. Sorry.

Lumen wrote: »
    There are a few differences, described in that review I posted.

Fear not, your absurdly expensive rollers have not been devalued. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Thanks for the comments Guys!

Leaning towards the Elite at the moment. Like Lumen don't have a dedicated room or garage so was planning on using them on the patio outdoors (when I get the balance issue sorted!). Lovely frosty night like tonight would be ideal!

Would I be right in thinking you have less of issue with tyre wear compared to a normal turbo?

Advertisement