Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldencheetah Question ?

Options
  • 18-01-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭

hi guys

Done two intervals today 2 climbs of cruagh hill to the view point, didnt go mad on it thought i was just going to keep it below threshold for both sets which i did

Uploaded the data onto goldencheetah and it changed my critcal power ? I only have 3 weeks data on so chart is not filled propper yet i guess, but the only area where i was better today was my 10 min power was up a few watts, why did this change my CP ? thought it would only change when i try nail a 20 min interval ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Just checked the chart again my 20 min power was up a few watts on my CP but still down on my first propper 20 min max power test

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,766 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Golden Cheetah does a "best fit" curve based on 2 data points - one is a short period (up to around 5 mins IIRC), and the second up to 20 mins or so. Hence it will project a CP based on 10 minutes of data

• Registered Users Posts: 31,030 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Wait until you nail some sprint intervals and see your projected CP60 going down. :)

Whats CP 60 ?

Done sprints today nothing changed

• Registered Users Posts: 31,030 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

levitronix wrote: »
    Whats CP 60 ?

Done sprints today nothing changed

CP60 = maximum average* power you can produce over sixty minutes.

* "average" is disputed, but I don't care.

• Advertisement

havent got that far , still to do a propper 5 min flat out out and 10 min flat out, then maybe i ll try for an hour, but im mainly working on sprints think it might be my thing , nailed a few today, 1005watts - 895watts for 5 secs for 5 sprints so didnt fade that much, im working towards 1200 watts for the 5 sec peak

Advertisement