Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese

Options
  • 18-01-2011 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Anyone else doing Japanese in school? and if so, how are u going about studying for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah I'm giving it a go, I'm not studying it in school though. I bought nihongo kantan, a dictionary and an import copy of the new pokemon game :rolleyes: I it's a nice subject though, exam seems reasonably handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

In fifth year now, doing it for Leaving Cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

I'm in Leaving Cert now, studying it outside of school. We used the Nihongo Kantan book aswell. I got a dictionary of japanese grammar too and it's fairly handy for adding small things to your essays and oral work that improve them a small bit

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ShortyNolan

Hey guys,
    I'm currently studying Computer Games Design in IT Carlow.
    I studied Japanese for Leaving Cert and got an A2 without studying much at all
    My teacher was Ursula Zimmermann, she wrote all the books and she is probably why I got such a good grade with so little work.

I also had a 22 year old student from Japan to stay in my house for the first two months of sixth year. She was learning to teach English in Japan so her and another student were our teachers for them two months.
    It was an amazing experience and we both helped each other out alot.

If your doing Japanese because you want to then you should be easily aiming for a high grade. It is only a 2 year subject and therefore is alot easier than say history/geography.

I'm here if you need any notes/help and I think I have the three books.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 vene.e

Hey guys,
    I'm currently studying Computer Games Design in IT Carlow.
    I studied Japanese for Leaving Cert and got an A2 without studying much at all
    My teacher was Ursula Zimmermann, she wrote all the books and she is probably why I got such a good grade with so little work.

I also had a 22 year old student from Japan to stay in my house for the first two months of sixth year. She was learning to teach English in Japan so her and another student were our teachers for them two months.
    It was an amazing experience and we both helped each other out alot.

If your doing Japanese because you want to then you should be easily aiming for a high grade. It is only a 2 year subject and therefore is alot easier than say history/geography.

I'm here if you need any notes/help and I think I have the three books.
    Thanks

HI! I know this was long agof but by any chance do you still have your Japanese books?

Advertisement