Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alaskan Malamute Not Eating

Options
  • 18-01-2011 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

I own an Alaskan Malamute pup. He is about 4months old. A few weeks ago he ate a teddys ear and had to get an operation to remove it because it blocked him and couldnt eat or drink or go toilet etc...After the op he was fine and back to himself jumping around as all pups do....

Now, for the last week he is really quite and won't eat his normal nuts. He is eating little bits of meat and bread out of my hand and only drinks a bit everyday. I am worried he is after swallowing something else now. He is not losing any weight or getting worse but just not himself and not eating or drinking half as much as he did before.

Any other ideas on what it could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Roisinmor

Hi there,
    I just wanted to warn you that lungworm is increasing in Ireland. One of the first signs is lethargy and a change of mood.
    It probably isn't lungworm, but, just in case, you might get him checked out.
    Info on lungworm can be found here:
    www.lungworm.co.uk/
    This is a fairly recent development in Ireland as, up until now, it has been very rare.
    My vet says that coughing in particular should be checked out as well as a general change in a dog's condition. I know of a dog who actually died last week because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

Roisinmor wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I just wanted to warn you that lungworm is increasing in Ireland. One of the first signs is lethargy and a change of mood.
    It probably isn't lungworm, but, just in case, you might get him checked out.
    Info on lungworm can be found here:
    www.lungworm.co.uk/
    This is a fairly recent development in Ireland as, up until now, it has been very rare.
    My vet says that coughing in particular should be checked out as well as a general change in a dog's condition. I know of a dog who actually died last week because of it.

thanks ill keep an eye out for him...hes back to his old self noe thank god.....thanks:)
    is there a cure for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Roisinmor

Only if caught in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Using products like Advocate spot on or Milbemax worm tablets regularly reduces your pets risk. If you're unsure of which product is best for your dog, ask your vet. And bring your dog if it hasn't been weighed lately so that you'll ensure you get the right dosage.

Advertisement