Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it just me?

• 18-01-2011 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Or with these longer mid season breaks does anyone else just not give a **** what happens? its just a really bad idea, and personally its making me lose interest in the show!. I really do not know why shows are shooting themselves in the foot doing this big long mid season break. I mean the fact that its cancelled and the storys never going to be finished also kinda makes you wonder, why bother watching if its getting cancelled?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

long breaks like this make me not care about shows tbh, so yeah you are right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

It was better when it was jsut a short break at christmas and then a big series finalie this long break crap is just a bad way to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It was better when it was jsut a short break at christmas and then a big series finalie this long break crap is just a bad way to do it

It started with BSG (as far as I remember) and as far as I can make out it's just to allow them to sell more DVD boxsets whereas (ironically) it just kills interest in the show thereby leading to cancellation and NO DVD boxsets! :mad:

Speaking for myself anyway I've never bought a DVD set till I can get the complete season/series... don't see the point of buying "half a story" (at full price too!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

they sell half series??? rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

they sell half series??? rofl
    yeah they advertise it as SGU 1.5, course people are probably stupid enough to buy them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Or with these longer mid season breaks does anyone else just not give a **** what happens? its just a really bad idea, and personally its making me lose interest in the show!. I really do not know why shows are shooting themselves in the foot doing this big long mid season break. I mean the fact that its cancelled and the storys never going to be finished also kinda makes you wonder, why bother watching if its getting cancelled?

Totally agree. It's partly to blame for the poor ratings I'd imagine but you have to remember it's SyFy were dealing with... There idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

Complete loss of momentum in the plot!

I can't even remember the plot of the last ep!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

ugh those mid season breaks are soooo annoying. i mean it was bad enough at xmas but now this?

I really does make me lose interest and tbh, even though I am a HUGE fan of stargate, the fact that SGU is canncelled really makes me not want to watch it.
    it's too depressing

but low and behold, I can't help myself

Advertisement