Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric gates + intercom

Options
  • 18-01-2011 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

hi there

in the process of having electric gates fitted and ive been told thier are many different intercoms on the market and that the price reflects quality etc

one guy uses VIDEX intercoms but its come at a price of 400 euro , the same guy reckons you can get an intercome for one hundred euro but dont expect them to last , was wondering if its worth spending that kind of money ( 400 ) or if thier is a decent one in between

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

For a standard intercom less than €100 get the comlit style 5.
    Videx are good but it's up to you how much you want to spend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Jnealon wrote: »
    For a standard intercom less than €100 get the comlit style 5.
    Videx are good but it's up to you how much you want to spend

i think perhaps i need to spend more than 100 quid , was wondering if thier is anything decent in between bargain basement and the top of the range videx

There's nothing wrong with the style 5 and you will see a lot of them around.
    Comlit powercom or powercode kit would be a step above the style 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Jnealon wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with the style 5 and you will see a lot of them around.
    Comlit powercom or powercode kit would be a step above the style 5

re _ the gates themselves , i dont suppose you have any view on whether underground cans with arms is better than overground arms , i get the impression the underground arms ( in cans ) are superior , they are 500 quid more expensive though

It's all down to appearance, arms don't look great on steel gates as you can see them from outside. Apart from that it's down to you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BFT Automation

Hi bob,

I agree with Jnealon, the style 5 is widely used and is simple to install and use. You shouldnt have any problems with it as long as it is installed properly. If you are putting in automation and need a keypad also, the ACT A5 Entry is a great combined intercom and keypad and not very expensive. In relation to you automation question, different gates require different automation application but if you are only talking about a small domestic gate,there are plenty of options and as Jnealon said it can come down the the customers personal preference when talking about the look of the gates. There is more work involved in fitting and underground system ie. the foundation boxes need to be fitted correctly, they need proper drainage to prevent any future problems. If you driveway is finished with a tar mac or cobble stones i would steer clear of underground as there is alot of work involved and would not be a good idea if you do not have any drainage around your gates. But if your driveway is not finished with anything I would go ahead with the underground. They are very neat when they are in and once fitted correctly give no trouble at all.

Hope that helps you a little

irishh_bob wrote: »
    re _ the gates themselves , i dont suppose
    you have any view on whether underground cans with arms is better than overground arms , i get the impression the underground arms ( in cans ) are superior , they are 500 quid more expensive though

Advertisement