Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Riot disco opinions ?

• 18-01-2011 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

I'm looking out for a playboat, I've seen a riot disco for sale at a good price. I know these are fairly old boats but does anyone here have first hand experience of using them as a playboat ??

My experience of playboats is limited to 1/2 hour in a G-force last summer so wouldn't know a good one from a bad one...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

it changed the world a decade ago. it will not do it again.
    by todays standards, it is a general purpose boat, not a playboat. if you want to do loads of freestyle type stuff, get something else. if you want your first ok boat that runs rivers, gets spins and ends on occasion, it is a good option. would compare it to a similar market point to buying a dagger GT, pyranha innazone etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭alfarocks

Thanks for that.
    I already have a river runner so I'll hold out for a more complete playboat then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

alfarocks wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    I already have a river runner so I'll hold out for a more complete playboat then :)

you can often pick up a good deal on a necky, pyranha or liquid logic playboat on irishfreestyle. some of these companies offerings are not as fashionable while still having a load of performance so you can pick up something sweet for 300-350 easy. you need not spend more than that if you are looking for something fun and playful rather than something to win freestyle comps in.
    from necky, the chronic and orbit fish are blistering on a wave and go vert well. definately the ones to go for if you have nice green waves local to you.
    most liquid logics (scooter, space cadet etc) you will find are good hole tumblers.
    pyranha S6 tend to be quite plentyful and give lots of spinny cartwheely loopy fun for cheap.
    so lots of options. good luck in your hunt.

Advertisement