Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus driving lessons

Options
  • 18-01-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,991 ✭✭✭✭

Folks is there anyone who teaches bus driving in Tipperary, I want to get going with my bus driving license

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Not too sure if you can get bus lessons in Tipperary at all, as you have to do a test in a city. I might be wrong on this, but that used to be the way it was. Jim o' Farrell in New Inn did it at one stage in Kilkenny city, but his son has taken over the business a few years ago, and I don't know if he does it anymore. Found this number for him : Colm O' Farrell New Inn Tel:052 31865

If you have access to a bus I know John Maher in Clonmel does it also. His number is 086 1291392.

Thing is, it's not just a case of doing a driving test anymore to get a bus/truck liecnce. You have to get a driver CPC along with it now. I know Maher can do that too, as his main business these days is running those driver CPC courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Guggy1

Not too sure if you can get bus lessons in Tipperary at all, as you have to do a test in a city. I might be wrong on this, but that used to be the way it was. Jim o' Farrell in New Inn did it at one stage in Kilkenny city, but his son has taken over the business a few years ago, and I don't know if he does it anymore. Found this number for him : Colm O' Farrell New Inn Tel:052 31865

If you have access to a bus I know John Maher in Clonmel does it also. His number is 086 1291392.

Thing is, it's not just a case of doing a driving test anymore to get a bus/truck liecnce. You have to get a driver CPC along with it now. I know Maher can do that too, as his main business these days is running those driver CPC courses.

John Maher took my money but never registered anyone with the rsa and i only found out now and can't get the rsa to put them on my licence as I never got a receipt and paid cash...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Guggy1 wrote: »
    John Maher took my money but never registered anyone with the rsa and i only found out now and can't get the rsa to put them on my licence as I never got a receipt and paid cash...

Really? That's sh1tty deal by the sounds of things. I know that he's not in business anymore. I did a couple of courses with him when he was doing it and was registered with the RSA. Did you get anything from him to say you were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭bogs

i think piltown coaches do driving lessons and get you through the test.Theres a guy there who is a qualified trainer.

Advertisement