Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orwell Wheelers Table Quiz 4/2/2011

Options
  • 18-01-2011 12:48pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Orwell Wheelers are holding a table quiz in Slattery's on Capel St in Dublin on February 4th. Open to all comers, not just club members. There will be general knowledge and cycling questions. Poster attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The Crunch

http://orwellwheelers.org/news-and-events/278-orwell-pub-quiz.html

Anyone coming? Should be good craic. There was a quality turn out from boards last year and some super competitive quizzing... MAWS are organising it so I don't think it'll be all about who knows the exact wingspan of an African albatross...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The Crunch wrote: »
    MAWS are organising it so I don't think it'll be all about who knows the exact wingspan of an African albatross...

I forsee cocktail questions. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Whats a derailleur?

Lumen wrote: »
    I forsee cocktail questions. :D

Ahem, there is only ONE alcohol-related question!!!! Some proper serious bikey questions though....

Signed Orwell long-sleeved Sean Kelly-signed jersey up for auction and over 25 raffle prizes including over E300 worth of cycle shop vouchers to be won, and entry into seven different sportives this year!!!

Other raffle prizes include a digital camera, yellow Look pedals, helmet, spinning vouchers etc etc

'Kick off' at 19.30 in Slattery's Capel St. A couple of people turning up without teams, so teams can be formed on the night of randomers!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MAWS

Whats a derailleur? You forgot to mention that spare? part which came with your recently purchased bike frame - which you have no idea what to do with so kindly donated to the raffle. Personally I think you should have held onto it and just added a quiz question: ‘Identify this bike part and explain what I might use it for?...and ‘fit it’ for bonus points

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Whats a derailleur?

MAWS wrote: »
    Whats a derailleur? You forgot to mention that spare? part which came with your recently purchased bike frame - which you have no idea what to do with so kindly donated to the raffle. Personally I think you should have held onto it and just added a quiz question: ‘Identify this bike part and explain what I might use it for?...and ‘fit it’ for bonus points

Don't worry, I have (another) back up plan to get rid of that thing that I have no idea what it is....I'm going to out bid everyone to get the super duper bike service from Dave McLoughlin at the auction and MAKE him attach that thing to my bike/do something with it. The bike service includes washing my ones's bike...although I'm not sure he's aware of that bit yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MAWS

Don't worry, I have (another) back up plan to get rid of that thing that I have no idea what it is....I'm going to out bid everyone to get the super duper bike service from Dave McLoughlin at the auction and MAKE him attach that thing to my bike/do something with it. The bike service includes washing my ones's bike...although I'm not sure he's aware of that bit yet...

Good thinking - I've just amended the 'Auction List' slightly, it now reads 'Bike Service (& clean..& collection/delivery….oh & bike maintenance class) from Dave McLoughlin.....x 2' Happy Bidding

Advertisement