Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble Brewing: Meet the Brewer - Dublin, 7pm, Friday 21st

Options
  • 18-01-2011 11:00am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Against the Grain (11 Wexford Street, Dublin 2) are starting a series of Meet the Brewer events with free beer samples. The first one is this Friday at 7pm and Trouble Brewing is the brewer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Should be a great event, rare in Ireland to meet someone who went from home brewing, getting brewing qualifications and setting up a commercial brewery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

BeerNut wrote: »
    Against the Grain (11 Wexford Street, Dublin 2) are starting a series of Meet the Brewer events with free beer samples. The first one is this Friday at 7pm and Trouble Brewing is the brewer.

Damn I am going to London on Friday !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

That sounds pretty cool actually.

Should be good craic.

How's their beer? Must say I've never tried it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

enda1 wrote: »
    How's their beer?
    I'm a fan. I don't think they have the new porter at Against the Grain -- maybe they will on the night. Both of them are on at L. Mulligan Grocer and the Bull & Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'm a fan. I don't think they have the new porter at Against the Grain -- maybe they will on the night. Both of them are on at L. Mulligan Grocer and the Bull & Castle.

The new porter "Dark Arts" is one fine brew.

Was drinking this in The Bull and Castle a few weeks before X-mas and managed to turn 2 people from drinking other beers to this.

That and Galway Hooker are my fav. Irish beers on draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

ciaran76 wrote: »
    The new porter "Dark Arts" is one fine brew.

yes, it severely tested my 'off the booze for January staying power' when I had a sip of it in The Bierhaus, Cork last night.
    Had to run out the door!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Serves you right for picking January off the beer :p. That's when good beer bars really need your custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I am jealous. I would definitely head up for this one, but I've got something else on that I can't get out of. Have a great evening folks. ;)

Advertisement