Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The arrow of time

Options
  • 18-01-2011 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭

On June 17 every year, Diego Goldberg takes a photo of himself, his wife and their three sons. He started the project in 1976.

_Susy2_.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

very cool, but why in the last row, is the middle guy highlighted? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Up until 82 I would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

1mcampo1 wrote: »

He decided to vote for the Conservatives instead of Labour.

Or he died. Not sure which.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Ah. I thought it was because it looked like he morphed into Jake Gyllenhaal.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭wijam

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Up until 82 I would have.
    what a difference a year makes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I reckon the son is about as old in the last pic as the father was when he started taking the photos.

Great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

What strikes me the most is that by the final picture, the three sons had all adopted the exact same style of facial hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

1mcampo1 wrote: »

I noticed that. A bit odd. I got the photo from another site.

Diego Goldberg's webpage has all the pix up to 2010 (but not as one jpeg I believe).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Pace2008 wrote: »
    What strikes me the most is that by the final picture, the three sons had all adopted the exact same style of facial hair.

IMO Diego himself has changed the least. Perhaps consistency is his main personality trait: e.g. maintaining facial hair and taking the same photo on the same day every year for more than three decades so far.

Advertisement