Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Breed (Dog) Vet in Carlow

Options
  • 17-01-2011 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I am purchasing a Dogue de Bordeaux in the coming weeks and have been looking for a highly recommended vet with experience of large breeds, most particularly with Dogue de Bordeaux.
    In this regards, can anybody recommend a suitable vet with a lot of experience in the Carlow/Wexford/Wicklow boundary areas, particularly around the Tullow area?
    Thanks a million.
    Regards,
    Pinstripe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Not in the areas specified but I know there is a vet in clonmel that comes highly recommended for dealing with large dogs. Can't for the life of me remember the name but have an ask around and I'm sure someone will know as he has been mentioned to me by so many people (I've a giant breed myself) but just can't think of his name.

On the other hand you could try ringing local shelters and see who they recommend, I'm sure they have all shapes and sizes coming through their doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Theres a place in carlow town.just beside v2 piercing and a small bit down from fairgreen.its only a small place but i think chris is the guy running it.he deals with dogs cats etc but he used to do farm call outs.a friend had to take a lab there.i know its smaller than what you plan on getting but i havnt heard any complaints from there anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭yolanda

I go to a vet just beside Pittstop garage. Past St. Leos college straight on and its on the left. I have a golden retriever cross and while in there once I came across 2 owners with a St. Bernard and an Irish wolfhound. My father and father in law also use him for the farm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pinstripe

Hi all that have replied so far. Thanks so much for your input and advice. I hope to put it all together in finding someone worthy!!!
    Thanks again.

Advertisement