Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Mobile Internet

Options
  • 17-01-2011 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Was thinking about switching from free calls & free texts to free texts & free internet, but the deal says free internet up to 250mb. Just wondering, how long would 250mb last? I'd mainly just be using it for facebook or checking the sports etc. Cheers in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

For light usage, and using mobile versions of sites its more than enough

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I rather just pay the daily fee tbh, you get 50mb a day. (I think :rolleyes:) Thatd works for me. Today I was on a bus for like half an hour browsing the web the whole time and the data usage widget on my phone said I had only used 15mb. I think you should stay on your normal plan. It's cheaper to pay the €1 its whatever it is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I agree, stay on your current plan and just pay the 69c/day for when you actually want to use mobile internet. I think 69c is quite reasonable and that gives you 50mb which im sure is more tha you'd use in a day. If you want to know how much you've used, just test "Balance Data" to 50104

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

But once you start using internet on your phone you will probably use it most days and 69c a day adds up to more than €20 per month.

I think the 250 k deal is a good one. you can do a lot of browsing in 250k - an hour or so every day of regular pages for a month. And if you want more you can always try the opera mini browser (there is a version available for almost every phone) which has server side compression and reduces your data by a factor of about 3. Go easy on video and streaming radio though as that will eat your data very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Paying 69c per day works out better.

That 250MB is sweet feck all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement