Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Weather Survey What Did You Think?

Options
  • 17-01-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

ITS WORKING NOW, Sorry minor technical issue!!

HI
    I have put together a small questionnaire on how people coped with the bad weather and could anything be learned from the experience.
    (survey Is part of my marketing course and would be grateful if you could take a minute to give me your opinion.

Thanking you in advance:)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MGTFSC2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is question one broken:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

All of them are, you can only click each option once

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Sorry, about that will have a look at where I went wrong.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

On Q1 it looks like you've got the answer categories operating downwards rather than horizontal

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

Who's the target audience? Dublin or the whole country? Questions seem biased towards urban answers.

• Advertisement

Hi Folks,

You are right slight bias towards city as i'm going on my own experience, but please add your comments as they are all important to me.

Thankyou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Near all the questions are irrelevant to me.

Living in the countryside - no public transport, rarely see council workers on my road - came when the weather got mild and fixed the damage caused by the ice, very rarely see the gardai.
    No pavements, work from home on my farm, would have been shocked if my road had been gritted, last time the council came during a snow event was back in 1981 with the snow plough.

Not having a go at you, the poll is suitable for people from Dublin and other urban areas.
    People in rural areas have to be tougher as they are provided with far less services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I don't remember any bad weather recently...just lots of snow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Mothman wrote: »
    I don't remember any bad weather recently...just lots of snow ;)

snap. i was just about to say i refuse to take part in a survey that describes last months weather as bad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

snap. i was just about to say i refuse to take part in a survey that describes last months weather as bad:D

Same here - was just about to say What bad weather are you referring to?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Completed :D Although you may want to look at Q4, you've got the options and answers on the wrong axis, should be other way around. Good luck with your work.

Hi all,

Thanks for showing an interest in my thread. Thats the great thing about a) having never used surveys before you learn by your mistakes and
    b) wording should have read snow instead of bad weather.

Sorry to those who are from the country, you were in a far worse position with the snow than I was in Dublin. However even i was shocked at how badly things were handled and how bad it was in Dublin, according to family in leitrim it was end of the world stuff. You could nearly hit my front door from our ex taoiseach's office. Please feel free to take the survey no matter where you are from.

a big thanks to all those who have taken the survey so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Completed :D Although you may want to look at Q4, you've got the options and answers on the wrong axis, should be other way around. Good luck with your work.

Yea, couldn't properly answer Q4.

Hi,

You are right about Q4 , it still works but should be the other way round. I can't change it at this stage as it will affect the survey, so please bare with me.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

Hi there,

I think Question 7 structure incorrect - should be a filter on qn 6 i.e. negative answer to qn 6 should allow respondent to go straight to qn 8. Anyway, put 'not applicable' in qn 7 as a result - hope it doesn't mess with your results.

Good luck with your study (smart idea for a marketing project)

Hi Mvron,

Not so much a smart idea but born out of despairation, it has to be in asap!!!!!! Thanks for your feedback I know some of the questions could be better phrased but i'm stuck with it now. Have had a great response so far and really appreciate people giving me their time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Will this survey be submitted to any government agencies? Bout time the county council and NRA are told we know what scheming, incompetent arseholes they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Did the OP get banned ?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Did the OP get banned ?

Yeah he's in mountjoy pleading is case :D

Edit: He's been released without charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

steveLFC24 wrote: »
    Yeah he's in mountjoy pleading is case :D

Edit: He's been released without charge!

The full cavity search obviously turned up nothing ! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Same situation as min, none of the questions are relevant really.

Hi,

Thanks for your concern, I was in prison for putting up a survey without permission, I should have run it past the mods first which regretfully I didn't do and I apologised and did my time. So hopefully thats me on an even keel again. Thanks to all those who took time to give me interesting feedback and I have learned and am learning as I go.
    I thought personally that the response to the snow around the country was poor and wondered if others felt the same way. I think there is alot to be learned from how the snow impacted life in ireland and this should
    prepare us better for the next time.
    In the UK they have large grit bins where people can shovel grit in areas such as hills, black ice areas etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Round these parts (the weather forum) q.s. highs are bad weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Couldn't complete the survey as I live in the countryside.

No public transport where I live.

Never see council workers on my road - some gravel was left at the end of the road by the council's rapid response tractor and it was up to locals to spread it.

In my area, only the National Primary Routes were treated. The local regional road was not treated and was a disgrace.

Never see the Guards.

People still drove, even though at times it was foolhardy and dangerous to do so.

I could not drive anywhere for over a week. Luckily, I have a deep freeze.

IMO, the local council handled the latest snow 'event' far worse than that of January 2010, the lack of grit/gravel being the main problem.

Thanks Genie & MT Cranium for your replies, i have had a good response so far. I should have thought more about those in the country as I mentioed before, but once it goes up and people are good enough to reply its impossible to change, but I have learned some good lessons. Please feel free to complete the survey and I will pass on my results to the mods at the end of my survey.

thanks

Advertisement