Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New RTÉ Radio series seeking bands

Options
  • 17-01-2011 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am a freelance producer that works in Irish language media production. I am currently developing a new radio series for RTÉ Raidio na Gaeltachta. The series, i-seisiún, will consist of twelve one-hour shows that showcase up and coming Irish musicians who are writing their own songs.

Each show will be dedicated to one band and the interviews will be carried out as Gaeilge. However, this is not a chatshow and the focus is firmly on music. The show will be pre-recorded and will involve a mixture of the band’s own material and also a selection of music that has inspired them.

It is not necessary that a member of the band is a fluent Irish speaker. Our production team will be on hand to help in preparing the interviews. The interviews are intended to give some background information on the band’s history and to outline the story behind each song.

If you are interested in getting involved with i-seisiún, please drop me a line.

Mise le meas,

Cathal Ó Cuaig.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is léiritheoir neamhspleách mé a bhíonn ag obair i réimse na meáin Ghaeilge. Tá mé ag forbairt sraith nua raidió do RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta. Dhá chlár déag a bheidh sa sraith ‘i-seisiún’, ag léiriú ceoltóirí nua Éireannach atá ag scríobh a gcuid amhráin féin.

Beidh gach clár dírithe ar bhanna amháin agus beidh na h-agallaimh ar fad as Gaeilge. Mar sin féin, ní clár cainte agus comhrá atá anseo agus beidh an bhéim ar fad ar cheol. Cláir réamhthaifeadta a bheidh anseo le meascán de cheol an ghrúpa agus ceol a chuaigh i bhfeidhm agus iad ag fás aníos.

Ní gá go mbeadh Gaeilge líofa ag duine den bhanna. Beidh cúntóirí léiríthe ar fail chun cabhrú le réiteach agallaimh. Níl sna h-agallaimh agus beagán eolais ar chulrá an bhanna agus míniú ar scéal gach amhrán.

Má tá suim agat a bheith páirteach sa sraith ‘i-seisiún’, is féidir leat scríobh chugam. Ba mhaith liom labhairt leat chomh luath agus is féidir.

Mise le meas,

Cathal Ó Cuaig.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭auti

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 NvrPntsRnchr

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭nimbo

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

When you say you dont have to be fluent in Irish, i did the leaving cert 10 years ago and only barely passed ordinary level Irish so very very basic knowledge of it. Could just about say where were from, our ages and how long we have been together. I did teach the lads one of our song titles as gaeilge tho...altho its only 4 words :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Aran508

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Sent you a PM there.

Advertisement