Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imovie scratch disk and time machine/clone on one drive ?

Options
  • 17-01-2011 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

hi all
    i use a macbook pro. new e-sata external Western digital mybook drive arrived today. external drive is 2 x 1tb drives that can be used as is or as a 1tb RAID ( both disks mirrored ). I have an esata card ordered for MBP so my intention is to use this fast connection.

Now I'd like a single bootable full copy of my current MBP HD on the external drive. I will the do a major clear out of my MBP nearly full 250gn drive.
    I can manually do incremental backups myself then as i find time machine fills drives !

I would also like to use this external drive as a scratch disk for iMovie.

So I setup the external drive as a raid so both disks mirrored. safety !!!
    Do I need to partition the external drive then to have clone of mbp on 1 side and the scratch disk and other files on the other side.

Is this approach correct, any advice appreciated.

Advertisement