Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap projector screen

Options
  • 17-01-2011 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i was actually in the path of DIY projector screen until I cam across this Tupplur blackout roller blind that IKEA carries. i got the 160x190cm for only 19.99euros. worked perfectly without any hassle.

hope this helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 thedumberman

Thats excellent, I'm definitely getting one of these next time I'm in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 anakin_meath

i saw that argos carries (white) blackout roller blinds as well. it's slightly dearer than the ones that ikea carries but maybe worthwhile checking out as well.

hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

can anyone confirm if any light at all penetrates through? Thinking of setting this up infront of my window but dont want people out on the street to see a 6ft tall call of duty screen coming at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Picked up the 2m version today and set it up.. I can't confirm if it leaks light yet but I doubt it as I use these around the house and they're great.

For €29.99 it's a bargain and will do me till I can get myself a proper screen (I can go bigger than 2m).

2011-09-12%25252017.05.09.jpg
    Thats the Screen mounted

2011-09-12%25252017.05.46.jpg
    And thats my budget projector mount, €19 mount, €5 shelf. Bargain! Oh, and the projector is an infocus in78, got it for €290 last night..

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

unklerosco wrote: »
    Picked up the 2m version today and set it up.. I can't confirm if it leaks light yet but I doubt it as I use these around the house and they're great.

For €29.99 it's a bargain and will do me till I can get myself a proper screen (I can go bigger than 2m).

2011-09-12%25252017.05.09.jpg
    Thats the Screen mounted

2011-09-12%25252017.05.46.jpg
    And thats my budget projector mount, €19 mount, €5 shelf. Bargain! Oh, and the projector is an infocus in78, got it for €290 last night..

Nice! nothing like DIY as opposed to forking out ****loads of money for the same thing. Anyway please let me know if it the light penetrates though at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 anakin_meath

again, i bought the one in IKEA (Tupplur White Blackout Roller blind) and i can confirm that no light comes out from the other side. i think it would be safe to assume that whatever argos carries works the same way. otherwise, they shouldn't be classified as a blockout blind.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Just a note, I think the ikea ones are better than the Argos, I've both here. My argos ones curl at the edges more than the ikea ones. Might just have been the ones I got by just thought I'd mention it..

Advertisement