Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman Finance?

Options
  • 17-01-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Do harvey norman offer finance on furniture? Im looking to buy a new sofa.

Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Yes they do offer finance,but id rather go to my vredit union and get a loan. Tried to deal with harvey normans with finance and it nearly broke my heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scout_134

I got finance from Harvey Norman. I got 2.5k in 12 months interest free credit. The agreed monthly payments were €79. I found in the small print that if I didn't pay it off in the 12 months I would be locked into paying the money back at 29%.
    I attempted to contact the finance company to find out how I would go about paying larger instalments. The Irish office of the bank closed two months after I took the finance out with Harvey Norman. When I finally found a number for the customer services dept it was in India via a UK number.
    I had found out by googling the name of the finance company (HFC Bank) that other customers of that bank had issues getting confirmation of their payments, dealing with customer service (in India).
    They could not arrange to increase the amount of the instalment figure so I had to transfer the amount of cash I wante to each month using bank transfers at my expense.
    Make sure you borrow from banks or credit unions you know. I went through so much to try and pay that off on time. Luckily I skimped enough to pay it off a month earlier that it should have been so that I did not get caught like some of the people I had read about. Make up your own mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Why not save the money?

I honestly dont understand people taking credit for luxury items like sofas, especially with the likes of harvey norman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

yes they do, the company used is a british company called Creation finance. You will pay a 10% deposit, and the rest will be divided up into monthly installments over a term of either 24 or 48 months. Interest rate is 16.9%

• Advertisement
Advertisement