Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitten by the bug-where to next?

Options
  • 17-01-2011 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Spent a week skiing in Andorra over Christmas and absolutely loved it...cant wait to get back and already planning for next year.

My question is is there anywhere people would recommend. The main consideration is cost. Has to be cheap but Id be going with the girlfriend so we'd want a private room (no dorms and dont want hostel type accom).

As far as skiing goes I would love some good black runs and the GF would like some gentle greens/blues but we're really not fussy. We'd also prefer somewhere thats not too crazy apres piste and has some good restaraunts (but you cant have it all and we'd be willing to compromise).

We were looking at Val Gardena (South Tyrol) or Soll in Austria. Is there anywehre else people would recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

We've been going to Austria the past number of years.
    I'd highly recommend you take a look at Ischgl or Stubai/Glacier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Spent a week skiing in Andorra over Christmas and absolutely loved it...cant wait to get back and already planning for next year.

My question is is there anywhere people would recommend. The main consideration is cost. Has to be cheap but Id be going with the girlfriend so we'd want a private room (no dorms and dont want hostel type accom).

As far as skiing goes I would love some good black runs and the GF would like some gentle greens/blues but we're really not fussy. We'd also prefer somewhere thats not too crazy apres piste and has some good restaraunts (but you cant have it all and we'd be willing to compromise).

We were looking at Val Gardena (South Tyrol) or Soll in Austria. Is there anywehre else people would recommend?

We've been going to Austria for the last 5 years... its amamzing, some of the best skiing in the world...

St Anton, mayrhofen and Saalbach are fab!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Mayrhofen; Austria, Oberfast Austria, St Johann Austria

Nendaz in Switzerland - Links into the 4 valleys, Verber skiing at Andorra prices

Also can recommend getting up to kilternan for some lessons in between

Advertisement