Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox - increase memory?

Options
  • 17-01-2011 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

hiya i don't know how to free up memory on an old 2nd hand xbox, had bought a kinect for xmas but it needs something like 200+ mb but xbox has 99mb or gb or whatever i was wondering do i need to get 2 new little memory units for it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

get a 20gb HDD, they're pretty cheap now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 d32

ok i'll fish around for it-thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Better get 60gb its nearly same price on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

joker@ wrote: »
    Better get 60gb its nearly same price on adverts.

im looking for a hard drive and have had no luck on adverts,are people not using it any more?

cheapest answer i have got for a 20gb hard drive is 45euros.....
    if you could point me in the right direction please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Op just use a usb memory stick, the xbox now supports them for saves etc up to 16gb in size.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

d32 wrote: »
    hiya i don't know how to free up memory on an old 2nd hand xbox, had bought a kinect for xmas but it needs something like 200+ mb but xbox has 99mb or gb or whatever i was wondering do i need to get 2 new little memory units for it?

Have you tried to free up space on the Xbox?

Bring up the Dashboard (by pressing the Xbox logo on the pad) and go left to games. See if there are any demos or save files that you can delete to free up space. Same with videos\music.

If it's second hand there might be stuff left over from the previous owner.

Do you know what the max size of the hard drive is?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/consoles-games/xbox/139/q_hard+drive/sortby_best_match-desc/

I got 4 hdd drives on first positions.Price is always negotiable or in most cases.Regards

Advertisement