Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Want A Cat...

Options
  • 17-01-2011 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

I've always loved cats and dogs. Had dogs as a kid, and have one now.

But I lost my last cat in October, I miss him so much. Would love to have another British Blue (He was a BB/Persian X), but there's a small problem. I'm renting and not sure the landlord would wear a kitty running round:(

Maybe I should smuggle him in huh?:p

No need to reply. Just venting!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

It was cheeky of me, certainly, but one of the rented houses we lived in a few years back didn't allow any pets. We found four abandoned kittens and brought them in; which meant having to hide them every single time the landlord came around. Incredibly irresponsible definitely, and highly stressful. Our next landlord after had no problem with us having cats though, so you never know, you might be surprised if you ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

if you have a dog already, surely a cat won't be a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

My last landlord wanted me to get rid of my cat at the threat of eviction..the fool.
    The house was rented completely unfurnished and the cat was neutered so I dont know what he thought that cat would do..:D
    We moved lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

if you have a dog already, surely a cat won't be a problem?

Probably not, but as I like where I live I don't really want to move. As silly as this sounds, I did bring over the cat when I moved to Ireland. But he was an old gentleman then, and couldn't do much even if he wanted to. So that was OK with the landlord when he found out. The dog was much easier, and fortunately isn't into chewing the furniture. He's much more into ankles, bless him!:D

But like I say, a kitty's another proposition entirely. The capacity to wreck the house is much greater!! (Little loves :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Probably not, but as I like where I live I don't really want to move. As silly as this sounds, I did bring over the cat when I moved to Ireland. But he was an old gentleman then, and couldn't do much even if he wanted to. So that was OK with the landlord when he found out. The dog was much easier, and fortunately isn't into chewing the furniture. He's much more into ankles, bless him!:D

But like I say, a kitty's another proposition entirely. The capacity to wreck the house is much greater!! (Little loves :p)

i think you'll be alright, just make sure you have a scratching post for him or her to save your furniture!

i think you should just get one, there are loads of kittens looking for homes, they can't do THAT much damage!

• Advertisement
Advertisement