Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shark Fin Soup ---- Cruelty please sign

Options
  • 16-01-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Someone's been watching Gordon Ramsey. BTW - online petitions are worth the paper they're written on. No one ever gives a damn about them. I do agree with the cause, but putting your name on a website's going to do bugger all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Remo

Very positive paintdoctor !!

your a ray of hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

was watching Ramsey also......... just switched over,what an intrusive prick this guy is.

Remo wrote: »
    Very positive paintdoctor !!

your a ray of hope

I'm a ray of reality. Online petitions don't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i'd eat shark fin soup, not a bother

• Advertisement

how you know they dont work ?

its negative feedback non the less !

to an already bad situation .

I've been online since long before the Internet ever became popular. Waaaay back to the Fidonet. Online petitions are generally ignored.

I've already said I agree with the sentiment (Even if it is a flash in the pan one after watching Ramsey, rather than something you've put thought into), but an online petition will do absolutely bugger all. It's the equivilant of Facebook fake awareness weeks ... people think by reposting that it's Cancer Awareness Week (Which it never ever is) that they've done their bit, which affects real life campaigning and awareness. Same with this - by promoting an impotent online petition, you're potentially diluting any offline real world campaign which could actually have tangible results.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭cagefactor

this is pointless, sure they have sharkfin soup everywhere in Asia and Iceland also. Also its quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Ramsey is a pain but in fairness he did well in highlighting the cruelty and the fact that it's not sustainable.

Fair point ... you seem to be a bit know how ??? whats the answer ...

• Advertisement

There is none really - people need to grow up and realise it's not sustainable, and that's going to take this planet a long long time. Maybe too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Remo wrote: »
    You post a link and nothing else, lazy.
    If you feel strongly why don't you get your lazy ass down to Wongs and protest there ? Or is that too much effort for ya....
    Armchair protester, you will be on to another topic at the flick of your remote and here we go again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Wonderwall

Ah Christ, give Remo a break lads!!

its called using ur head and some initiative when you see a link like that... and why you say im lazy.. you dont know me

your username says it all .... BOY

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Ramsey's concern is welcome but I hope that he extends the ban to include Foie Gras, Veal etc served in his restaurants.

In reality you are not going to stop much of Asia from endangering wildlife & committing barbaric acts when there is so much money involved. China is growing & the new wealthy will put even more pressure on endangered species especially when people believe that if they eat tiger they become like a tiger !.

The same applies to Japan & their annual Dolphin slaughter. Japan is seeking to get the Whale Hunting ban lifted even though no one wants Whale meat in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

If anybody missed it and wants to watch it, it can be found here --> http://www.channel4.com/programmes/gordon-ramsay-shark-bait/4od#3153606

Advertisement