Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a talker or listener..?

Options
  • 16-01-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Please move this to an appropriate place if this is'nt it...:)

I have a friend and also a family member who have the same "condition" ...they just cant stop talking..when we meet they babble on and on, have opinions on everything , disregard any comment you make (when you can get a word in ,that is) , and worse of all they repeat things/stories/experiences that they've had every time you meet them..
    Its tiresome and extremely boring to have to listen to them.
    Its always the same ..me..me..me...They're always right and get annoyed/confused if you dissagree with them...Its like they're sooo interesting and i'm a bore...sometimes i just want to scream "SHUT UP"...:o

So as the title says, i'm a listener, but not by choice when i'm with them..its forced on me..:(...is it a mental issue...?

Anyone else suffer these sort of friends/family members.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Are you my friend/family member? if so please do tell me to shut up I talk alot because I`m nervous and I hate silence.....

If not maybe do try saying shut up straight language. By way of consellation I can tell you they probably haven`t even fully thought out what they are saying and will be saying something else next week excitedly. It`s just like you saying "how the weather". I wish people would give other people like a list of suitable conversation cause some people genuinely don`t know what to say or where the limits are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement