Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two bull sharks spotted swimming past a flooded Mc Donalds in Queensland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

very discerning sharks......they swam past McDonalds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

trying to think what would be the weirdest thing that i could see from my front door!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Sends shivers down my spine too, someone should bring them back to the pet shop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,647 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

This species is more of a scavenger then anything else but obviously would be attracted by a badly injured person bleeding into the water - I suspect though these guys were busy feeding on drowned livestock and other waste in the flooded areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Mr Bateman was not available for comment
    Last seen paddling home wearing his bloodstained butchers coat. Wonder if anyone has seen him since?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

recedite wrote: »
    Last seen paddling home wearing his bloodstained butchers coat. Wonder if anyone has seen him since?

He was probably partially responsible for attracting them with his left over carcasses and meat scraps. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

This would be enough to send shivers up your spine if you were in the area, these are the third most deadliest Shark to attack humans after great whites and tiger sharks. They can live in both salt and fresh water.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10699740

yes and the attacks that led to the Jaws movies was from a bull shark,at the time they thought it was a great white but it was a bull as one of the attacks and spots were in fresh water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

heavyballs wrote: »
    yes and the attacks that led to the Jaws movies was from a bull shark,at the time they thought it was a great white but it was a bull as one of the attacks and spots were in fresh water
    The first Jaws was by far the best, all the sequals were pure rubbish, I read the book before I saw the origional in 1975. It won't be long before we get the 3D high definition remake of this classic. :)

You regularly see bull shark warning signs along the smaller river banks inland from Sydney, Dogs are also attractive bait to these sharks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I love the I know Steve and he wouldn't lie. Are they trying to convince the journalist or themselves?

Advertisement