Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We 7 launch in Ireland

Options
  • 15-01-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

With we 7 being launched here on Monday,can anyboady tell me if you can download the music from the site for free?. I thought the big deal was that the music was add suported and after listening to a short add it let you download the track and after a week it disapears.I coundt find this informationion on their website,is it just another streaming site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Yes - it seems to be a streaming service, like Spotify - but their free version works in Ireland (unlike Spotify). I just joined it this evening as Spotify started sulking after my 2 weeks "abroad" (!). So far I've found it doesn't have as much variety as Spotify (for instance couldn't find any Iris DeMent, but they did have Richard Thompson and JJ Cale). I set it on "JJ Cale Radio" a half hour ago and so far it's all been good.......:)

Haven't got round to comparing it to Eircom's MusicHub yet - but as I'm in process of dumping Eircom maybe I never will.

Here's a press release:

The cloud-based music destination service we7 is launching in Ireland this month, giving people the option to legally listen to, share and discover its 6.5 million music catalogue for free.

Via the web-based service, people can access its music from PCs, certain mobile handsets, devices and tablets without requiring any downloads.

In the UK, we7 already delivers music to up to 3 million monthly users. The service was also awarded the 2010 Musicweek Consumer Facing Digital Music Service of the Year.

People can use the advertising-funded service for free or else opt for a monthly subscription service.

According to the company, we7.ie will allow users to choose the music they want to hear from all of the multinational labels, hundreds of independent labels and unsigned artists. People can play full songs online from personal radio stations, as well as make on-demand requests for specific songs or albums, including building their ultimate playlists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mashmish

I can't believe it !! I just clicked spotify tonight as I do from time to time and it started working!!! how did this happen?
    Is this a mistake or cos of We7 launch...
    Am so happy!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

mashmish wrote: »
    I can't believe it !! I just clicked spotify tonight as I do from time to time and it started working!!! how did this happen?
    Is this a mistake or cos of We7 launch...
    Am so happy!:D

Oh? I "registered" my Spotify account as being UK and it doesn't work anymore after 2 weeks "abroad". When I try to register a new account it says "not available in your country". Congrats on getting yours working - don't update or change anything!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,866 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

another streaming option here:

http://mflow.com

pitched as a sort of streaming/social networking cross, but they seem to have a good catalogue.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I signed up for 10e a month with the mobile option. I also subscribe to last.fm, so will give it a few months to see how it goes and pick one of them.

I like it so far but the mobile option is a bit over priced. It's 3.99 for ad free play but 9.99 for the mobile option. It's greta the way it saves the tracks that you play but I don't think I'd use it enough to justify the price as it's really only useful when on a 3g network and with only a 1gb monthly allowance it wouldn't last long.

I'll probably keep subscribing to the ad free option along with last.fm and use hype machine for any tracks I'm missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

listening to this on it now :)

http://www.we7.com/#/album/Wire/Red-Barked-Tree

they're playing The Academy Saturday night ;)

Advertisement