Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What has he found!

Options
  • 15-01-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

There is an advert for "healing pebbles" on boards.ie (posted six days ago in Other Items section].The seller claims he found them on Church Island,Co Sligo in a metal box with his metal detector and that they have been buried for hundreds of years.He reckons that the pebbles,which he is selling for 100 euro ,have healing properties.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

wayoutwest wrote: »
    There is an advert for "healing pebbles" on boards.ie (posted six days ago in Other Items section].The seller claims he found them on Church Island,Co Sligo in a metal box with his metal detector and that they have been buried for hundreds of years.He reckons that the pebbles,which he is selling for 100 euro ,have healing properties.

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

Sorry....it was posted on donedeal.ie not boards.ie

link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Fork lore has it that this is a scam. I doubt he was even out on the island.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Riamfada wrote: »
    Fork lore has it that this is a scam. I doubt he was even out on the island.

My thoughts exactly!! Just had a look for the ad out of curiousity ;)

The lack of pictures is also quite suspect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭suzerxxx

if these are really as amazing as he says id be using them myself/ giving them to friends not selling them off ... loda bull!

However ... they might be something of archaeological significance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

What a load of bollocks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

"my uncle who had reaily bad snoring problem and farts a lot now sleeps soundly and sweetly"

sorry, but seriously - the English used in the Advert is suspect for a start, no pictures and then the whole fact that he is selling healing pebbles! Probably stones from his back garden if in fact he does send anything.

Also it seems it is 100 euro per pebble!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

He has to be taking the piss, surely?

€100 for a pebble? You'd have to be some eejit to fall for that!

He has to be taking the piss, surely?

€100 for a pebble? You'd have to be some eejit to fall for that!

fair ****s to him if he sells them, and knowing what sort of people there are out there, i'm sure he will sell them

Advertisement