Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIM Semester 2 Resolutions

Options
  • 15-01-2011 5:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

I will have a golden semester.

I shall have a nice, structured day-to-day life with time for lectures, extra-curriculars, studying, social life, and try a new recipe every week.

Union Council Posters will be as shiny and lovely as is in my (and Adobe's) power.

Post Semester 2 Resolutions here.

Anyone who actually keeps them gets a cookie.

Unless one of them was to go off cookies.

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

I attempt a golden semester every semester... Normally last 2, maybe 3 weeks haha!

This semester I shall start study before the day of the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I will start essays the day the titles come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

To actually STUDY before the night before the exams..

Interesting to see if that'll actually pan out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

I must actually study in general :rolleyes:

And also go to the gym and also buy myself some willpower so I will actually do both of these things :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭declan06

Will eat at least one healthy meal from the canteen a week (dependent on canteen being open)
    Take up some kind of physical exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Use the gym.

Read lecture notes the evening after going through them in class.

Don't leave studying till the very last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

I will not go to the SU instead of class
    I will do my readings
    I will not play Ultimate frisbee instead of going to lectures
    I will have a decent number of golden weeks
    I will do proper study at least twice a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

Wake up before three.

That should do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I will start assignments as soon as they come out.
    I will keep up with the info throughout the semester.
    I will study (waaah why can't I study!)
    I will become fit and healthy.
    I will not get pregnant :D

I'll be pretty happy if I just keep the last one tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I'll get my notes in order from day one. I've been doing up all my notes a few days before each exam and realised they're pretty good notes, and how easy everything would be if I did the work at the appropriate times :p

Realised too that my essays for music have been pretty weak, thrown-together jobs. I could definitely improve my essay-writing.

Also, don't go to lectures hungover. I had every lecture for a particular module on a Friday last semester, and because of that, I may as well have not taken the class at all :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I need to write my thesis and get the f**k out of here

I'm here seven years now, its beyond a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one....

vytwls.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Hairspray

I will not go out any day im in the lab the next day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

King Mob wrote: »
    I will start essays the day the titles come out.

Open Word.

Copy and Paste Essay Title.

Save.

Job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I will, in general, not be a waster.

That should cover most areas I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Not really anything to do with college (apart from reading for my thesis)
    New semester resolutions include

-Brush up on my Czech language
    -Start (properly) and get good at Polish
    -Read more for my Thesis
    -Do Thesis
    -Finish reading Ulysses before previous resolution
    -Read more Philosophy stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

+1 to pretty much all posts so far.
    Norrdeth wrote: »
    -Finish reading Ulysses before previous resolution

<3 that book :) hope you're enjoying it!

My resolutions are to work hard this semester to get a halfway decent degree, and to enjoy it because it's going to be most likely my last semester in NUIM ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

+1 to pretty much all posts so far.

<3 that book :) hope you're enjoying it!

My resolutions are to work hard this semester to get a halfway decent degree, and to enjoy it because it's going to be most likely my last semester in NUIM ;_;

Mine too:eek:

Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I really intend to spend A LOT more time in the books, I think the Semester 1 results will give me the kick needed. Final year is serious business, and if you've intentions of sticking about the campus I suppose you best do the work. Scary times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Last year, second semester, what worked really well for me was typing up my classnotes every week. Cost about 3 or 4 hours at the weekend. What it meant was that when the exams came along I didn't have to go looking for pages or sort through folders, I just had to press Print. Didn't have to deal with my crappy handwriting. Everything was already condensed to the important bits minus fluff, ready to go. Serious stress reduction right there. And doing it every week kept things fresh in my mind.

Of course, I didn't do that last semester, which made things a lot more difficult in comparison. When studying I was looking at things for the very first time. That's not revision. I'll be going back to typing notes up next semester, I really believe it had a big hand in my good marks last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

That sounds like a really good idea.I'm going to do that this semester!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

To learn how to print stuff on Campus...I know we were told during orientation but the guy that told us reminded me of one of the Germans who buy the power plant in the Simpsons so that was what I was thinking about when I should have been paying attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Turtyturd wrote: »
    To learn how to print stuff on Campus...I know we were told during orientation but the guy that told us reminded me of one of the Germans who buy the power plant in the Simpsons so that was what I was thinking about when I should have been paying attention.
    Now I can't stop thinking about zee Germans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Turtyturd wrote: »

*laughs*

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Currently working on the semester two life timetable. Lots of gym and study, as well as the completion of two big theatre projects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭manna

To look through lecture notes after lectures and to ask the lecturer to explain if I don't understand (rather than looking through my notes at the same unexplained diagram the night before the exam).

Also to have more patience with the people I don't like (or get better at avoiding them) :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

mickstupp wrote: »
    Last year, second semester, what worked really well for me was typing up my classnotes every week. Cost about 3 or 4 hours at the weekend. What it meant was that when the exams came along I didn't have to go looking for pages or sort through folders, I just had to press Print. Didn't have to deal with my crappy handwriting. Everything was already condensed to the important bits minus fluff, ready to go. Serious stress reduction right there. And doing it every week kept things fresh in my mind.

Of course, I didn't do that last semester, which made things a lot more difficult in comparison. When studying I was looking at things for the very first time. That's not revision. I'll be going back to typing notes up next semester, I really believe it had a big hand in my good marks last year.

I did that last semester last year but then this year I just kept all my notes together! I.e. I had 2 A4 pads that had dividers in them, one History and one Law, Then each section was devoted to one module meaning all my notes were always together making life so much easier!

My main Semester 2 resolution: Instead of waiting til the day before exams I will write out every case that we do in Law as they are done in class! I know I have a good method for writing out the cases, I just never have enough time to do them properly!

Advertisement